is a variant product that's also virtual possible?

is a variant product that's also virtual possible?

koukol
Hello.
I have a virtual product in ofbiz with a selectable feature 'f' that has 2 possible values (let's say fA and fB). A variant that has fA as the value of feature f is considered a finished product in that no more features are selectable for it, but a variant that has fB as value of feature f needs to have 2 more selectable features before it's consider a real product.
One way I thought of implementing this is to set up the fB variant as a virtual product itself, with further selectable features for it. This would result in something like 'nested' virtual products. I'm new to ofbiz and am not sure if this is a plausible way of handling this scenario, or if another setup altogether would work better.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: is a variant product that's also virtual possible?

Scott Gray
Hi

The data model certainly allows for your scenario but I don't think the code
supports this at the moment.

Another option might be to look at configurable products but I'm not very
familiar with how that works.

Regards
Scott