jdbc SQLProcessor.java BYTEA BINARY with postgres

jdbc SQLProcessor.java BYTEA BINARY with postgres

Fred Forester-2

Hi all,

Im in the process of merging our customofbiz with the latest svn and got
a conflict in SQLProcessor.java due to a jira patch I added manually a
while ago. the issue is when to use Types.BINARY or Types.BLOB.

the new version of

public void setBinaryStream(Object field) throws SQLException

seems to be able to figure it out by using

if (datasourceInfo.useBinaryTypeForBlob)

however, I also had to make a change here

public void setValue(Blob field) throws SQLException

and use BINARY rather than BLOB.

the new code still uses BLOB here. would it make sense to use the same
concept used in setBinaryStream to automagically figure it out?

Thanx.
Fred