mail.server.enabled=Y

I saw this parameter

mail.server.enabled=Y

in general.properties in Opentaps doc

When I use my provider SMTP server it seems that I have to put this parameter in general.properties.

Is that true, and if yes why it's not in default general.properties file ?

Re: mail.server.enabled=Y

Si Chen-2
Yes, that is true.  It's not on in default I think because the
initial download is "testing" mode and people don't want to send out
a whole bunch of email?

Si

On Sep 7, 2006, at 6:20 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> I saw this parameter
>
> mail.server.enabled=Y
>
> in general.properties in Opentaps doc
>
> When I use my provider SMTP server it seems that I have to put this
> parameter in general.properties.
>
> Is that true, and if yes why it's not in default general.properties
> file ?

Re: mail.server.enabled=Y

> Yes, that is true.  It's not on in default I think because the
> initial download is "testing" mode and people don't want to send out
> a whole bunch of email?
>
> Si

Thanks Si,

In this case, I suggest to put
mail.server.enabled=N

with some information (comment)

What do you think ?

Jacques

> On Sep 7, 2006, at 6:20 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > I saw this parameter
> >
> > mail.server.enabled=Y
> >
> > in general.properties in Opentaps doc
> >
> > When I use my provider SMTP server it seems that I have to put this
> > parameter in general.properties.
> >
> > Is that true, and if yes why it's not in default general.properties
> > file ?
> >
> > Jacques

Re: mail.server.enabled=Y

David E Jones-2

Hmmm... I don't see anything in OFBiz about "mail.server.enabled".
Are you sure the property you want isn't the
"mail.notifications.enabled" one? That one is in the
general.properties file with a comment...

-David

On Sep 7, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

>> Yes, that is true.  It's not on in default I think because the
>> initial download is "testing" mode and people don't want to send out
>> a whole bunch of email?
>>
>> Si
>
> Thanks Si,
>
> In this case, I suggest to put
> mail.server.enabled=N
>
> with some information (comment)
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Jacques
>

>> On Sep 7, 2006, at 6:20 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>
>>> I saw this parameter
>>>
>>> mail.server.enabled=Y
>>>
>>> in general.properties in Opentaps doc
>>>
>>> When I use my provider SMTP server it seems that I have to put this
>>> parameter in general.properties.
>>>
>>> Is that true, and if yes why it's not in default general.properties
>>> file ?
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: mail.server.enabled=Y

Comments are good -- I love comments!

On Sep 7, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

>> Yes, that is true.  It's not on in default I think because the
>> initial download is "testing" mode and people don't want to send out
>> a whole bunch of email?
>>
>> Si
>
> Thanks Si,
>
> In this case, I suggest to put
> mail.server.enabled=N
>
> with some information (comment)
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Jacques
>

>> On Sep 7, 2006, at 6:20 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>
>>> I saw this parameter
>>>
>>> mail.server.enabled=Y
>>>
>>> in general.properties in Opentaps doc
>>>
>>> When I use my provider SMTP server it seems that I have to put this
>>> parameter in general.properties.
>>>
>>> Is that true, and if yes why it's not in default general.properties
>>> file ?
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: mail.server.enabled=Y

> Hmmm... I don't see anything in OFBiz about "mail.server.enabled".
> Are you sure the property you want isn't the
> "mail.notifications.enabled" one? That one is in the
> general.properties file with a comment...
>
> -David

I saw this parameter for the 1st time in Opentaps Doc. I used it and it made work my test machine (using my provider's SMTP).
Without it I receive no test emails, for sure...

Or I have misinterpreted something ?

Jacques

> On Sep 7, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>

> >> Yes, that is true.  It's not on in default I think because the
> >> initial download is "testing" mode and people don't want to send out
> >> a whole bunch of email?
> >>
> >> Si
> >
> > Thanks Si,
> >
> > In this case, I suggest to put
> > mail.server.enabled=N
> >
> > with some information (comment)
> >
> > What do you think ?
> >
> > Jacques

Re: mail.server.enabled=Y

Si Chen-2
Which doc does it say that, and which file is it?

On Sep 7, 2006, at 2:14 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

>> Hmmm... I don't see anything in OFBiz about "mail.server.enabled".
>> Are you sure the property you want isn't the
>> "mail.notifications.enabled" one? That one is in the
>> general.properties file with a comment...
>>
>> -David
>
> I saw this parameter for the 1st time in Opentaps Doc. I used it
> and it made work my test machine (using my provider's SMTP).
> Without it I receive no test emails, for sure...
>
> Or I have misinterpreted something ?
>
> Jacques

>>> Thanks Si,
>>>
>>> In this case, I suggest to put
>>> mail.server.enabled=N
>>>
>>> with some information (comment)
>>>
>>> What do you think ?
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: mail.server.enabled=Y

Si,

It's in "Opentaps doc Version 0.9.v2" file configuration guide.doc
"Mail Settings
Turn on your mail server by editing framework/common/config/general.properties and setting mail.server.enabled=Y"
Perhaps it's for OFBiz incoming emails ?

Actually, sending emails is working whitout it. I surely mixed problems, sorry everybody to annoy you with that.

Jacques

> Which doc does it say that, and which file is it?
>
> On Sep 7, 2006, at 2:14 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> >> Hmmm... I don't see anything in OFBiz about "mail.server.enabled".
> >> Are you sure the property you want isn't the
> >> "mail.notifications.enabled" one? That one is in the
> >> general.properties file with a comment...
> >>
> >> -David
> >
> > I saw this parameter for the 1st time in Opentaps Doc. I used it
> > and it made work my test machine (using my provider's SMTP).
> > Without it I receive no test emails, for sure...
> >
> > Or I have misinterpreted something ?
> >
> > Jacques

Re: mail.server.enabled=Y

Si Chen-2
David, Jacques,

Sorry!  It's a typo--David is right.  It is mail.notification.enabled
and it is for outgoing emails.

Si