mailing list policy

BJ Freeman
besides the mailing list page, is there a guideline that we can send New
people to that seem to need programing or consulting support.
like :
here is how to submit a Jira of you need.
And expectation since this a community effort.
other options they have if this is an urgent need they have.

Maybe a Newbie introduction page.

Re: mailing list policy

David E Jones

The unofficial policy is: help whenever you can.

If someone has more specific questions there are often documents to
refer them to, such as the Contributors Best Practices document for
those who want to contribute.

-David

On Apr 17, 2008, at 8:36 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> besides the mailing list page, is there a guideline that we can send
> New
> people to that seem to need programing or consulting support.
> like :
> here is how to submit a Jira of you need.
> And expectation since this a community effort.
> other options they have if this is an urgent need they have.
>
> Maybe a Newbie introduction page.

Re: mailing list policy

As I said I will, at least, add Bruno's elaborated comment about Jira in Contributors Best Practices. I reckon this kind of question
comes every month or such...

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> The unofficial policy is: help whenever you can.
>
> If someone has more specific questions there are often documents to  refer them to, such as the Contributors Best Practices
> document for  those who want to contribute.
>
> -David
>

> On Apr 17, 2008, at 8:36 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>> besides the mailing list page, is there a guideline that we can send  New
>> people to that seem to need programing or consulting support.
>> like :
>> here is how to submit a Jira of you need.
>> And expectation since this a community effort.
>> other options they have if this is an urgent need they have.
>>
>> Maybe a Newbie introduction page.

Re: mailing list policy

Thats great for those that are going to contribute.
How about those that want features but either don't have the ability or
desire to actually do these.

David E Jones sent the following on 4/17/2008 8:18 PM:

On Apr 18, 2008, at 8:57 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:
> How about those that want features but either don't have the ability
> or
> desire to actually do these.

Again, for each of us we should help where we can and want to.

If someone wants something but has no way of getting it, they'll
probably just have to do a reality check and adjust their
expectations...

-David