mca rules - what triggers the service-mca to start?

mca rules - what triggers the service-mca to start?

Ruth Hoffman
Hello All:
Quick question - Si Chen provided a really nice description of how to
use mca's to sort incoming mail (see jira #OFBIZ-628 - 20/March/06), but
I'm wondering, how does the mca get triggered initially in this case?
Does putting the mca definition in the ofbiz-component.xml file cause
this rule to fire?

If I follow Si's suggestions, I can see the mca is loaded (in the log
file) but, if I put a debug statement on the first line in the
CommonServices.mcaTest.java, it never gets called, so I think maybe the
service is never triggered?

Anything else I need to configure?

TIA
Ruth

Re: mca rules - what triggers the service-mca to start?

David E Jones-2

I reviewed this recently to cover it in the new advanced framework
package. There is a test MCA rule and corresponding service in the
common component that might be helpful.

You do also need to setup your mail server in the ofbiz-
containers.xml file in addition to what you described, but that's
really about it.

-David

On Aug 4, 2006, at 12:26 PM, Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> Hello All:
> Quick question - Si Chen provided a really nice description of how
> to use mca's to sort incoming mail (see jira #OFBIZ-628 - 20/March/
> 06), but I'm wondering, how does the mca get triggered initially in
> this case? Does putting the mca definition in the ofbiz-
> component.xml file cause this rule to fire?
>
> If I follow Si's suggestions, I can see the mca is loaded (in the
> log file) but, if I put a debug statement on the first line in the
> CommonServices.mcaTest.java, it never gets called, so I think maybe
> the service is never triggered?
>
> Anything else I need to configure?
>
> TIA
> Ruth

Re: mca rules - what triggers the service-mca to start?

BJ Freeman
Note: the current JavaMail implementaion is geared to IMAP servers.
if you use a POP3 account you must use the Delete otherwiae you will
continue to get copies of the email in ofbiz.

David E Jones sent the following on 8/4/2006 5:58 PM: