missing data from form submissions...

Ray Barlow
Hi all,

I'm seeing odd results from form submissions after logins, try the
following:
Go to: http://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/control/main
make sure you are not logged in i.e. click on the "Not You" link to
clear any log in session.
Then back to the main page to make sure everything is clean and no
basket contents.
Now click on the login link:
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/control/checkLogin/main
admin - ofbiz will do fine after which it should return you to the main
ecommerce page.
Now click the "Add to cart" link on the Round Gizmo and you'll see the
following error:
    No product information passed, not adding anything to cart.
click the link again and it works!

It's not only ecommerce if I shutdown IE (that's the enjoyable part) to
clear all sessions start it again and go direct to:
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/main
admin - ofbiz and it fails with username and password not entered.

and it's not just the logins either if you close IE again start at
partymgr main, login then click the catalog tab , it should
automatically log you in and does, but enter "DemoCatalog" in the first
Edit Catalog box, click the button to go and it will deliver the
"EditProdCatalog" page with no catalog Id.

Anybody else seeing this effect?

Ray

Re: missing data from form submissions...

Hi Ray,

I agree for the eCommerce.
For backend login, it's because there are no admin/ofbiz but demoadmin/ofibz (with ltd rigths). You may try
http://lamouline.myvnc.com:8080/ecommerce
No problems with DemoCatalog either

I used Firefox but I guess it's not the point.

Jacques

> I'm seeing odd results from form submissions after logins, try the
> following:
> Go to: http://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/control/main
> make sure you are not logged in i.e. click on the "Not You" link to
> clear any log in session.
> Then back to the main page to make sure everything is clean and no
> basket contents.
> Now click on the login link:
> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/control/checkLogin/main
> admin - ofbiz will do fine after which it should return you to the main
> ecommerce page.
> Now click the "Add to cart" link on the Round Gizmo and you'll see the
> following error:
>     No product information passed, not adding anything to cart.
> click the link again and it works!
>
> It's not only ecommerce if I shutdown IE (that's the enjoyable part) to
> clear all sessions start it again and go direct to:
> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/main
> admin - ofbiz and it fails with username and password not entered.
>
> and it's not just the logins either if you close IE again start at
> partymgr main, login then click the catalog tab , it should
> automatically log you in and does, but enter "DemoCatalog" in the first
> Edit Catalog box, click the button to go and it will deliver the
> "EditProdCatalog" page with no catalog Id.
>
> Anybody else seeing this effect?
>
> Ray

Re: missing data from form submissions...

Ray Barlow
There are admin/ofbiz accounts on the backend of the hot wax demo site,
otherwise I wouldn't be able to log in with them at all. I can log in
with them but under some circumstances it takes more than one attempt
basically the form data isn't always getting through.

I know BJ was having similar issues although he mentioned them on the
user mailing list I pointed him here to this thread but it appears
others either aren't seeing it (which is possible as it doesn't happen
all the time), have tried it and can't see or haven't had the time to
try it.

I used firefox as well but tested heavily in IE as I could keep all my
other browser sessions open in firefox then :-)

I tried the url you specified but decided not to test it that much as
that is not the latest trunk version and if you've already tried it then
we should evaluate what is different between the two versions. Did you
test it out on the hot wax demo site to see if you could reproduce it?

Ray

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Hi Ray,
>
> I agree for the eCommerce.
> For backend login, it's because there are no admin/ofbiz but demoadmin/ofibz (with ltd rigths). You may try
> http://lamouline.myvnc.com:8080/ecommerce
> No problems with DemoCatalog either
>
> I used Firefox but I guess it's not the point.
>
> Jacques

Great, I wondered for some months why I was not able to connect with full rights. I thought it was done by purpose. I just connect
using https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/login/main?USERNAME=demoadmin&PASSWORD=ofbiz then I disconnected and reconnected
using admin/ofbiz by hand and it worked. I then disconnected and reconnected again using
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/login/main?USERNAME=admin&PASSWORD=ofbiz and it worked. I wonder now why I was not able
before :( ok to let going to swimming-pool :o) I will retry later

> I know BJ was having similar issues although he mentioned them on the
> user mailing list I pointed him here to this thread but it appears
> others either aren't seeing it (which is possible as it doesn't happen
> all the time), have tried it and can't see or haven't had the time to
> try it.
>
> I used firefox as well but tested heavily in IE as I could keep all my
> other browser sessions open in firefox then :-)

Yes good idea ;o)

> I tried the url you specified but decided not to test it that much as
> that is not the latest trunk version and if you've already tried it then
> we should evaluate what is different between the two versions. Did you
> test it out on the hot wax demo site to see if you could reproduce it?

I use release4.0 for this demo site (as footer indicates)

Jacques

> Ray
>
> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > Hi Ray,
> >
> > I agree for the eCommerce.
> > For backend login, it's because there are no admin/ofbiz but demoadmin/ofibz (with ltd rigths). You may try
> > http://lamouline.myvnc.com:8080/ecommerce
> > No problems with DemoCatalog either
> >
> > I used Firefox but I guess it's not the point.
> >
> > Jacques

sorry Ray, I did not pick up that I was to respond to this.
Thought you had it handled.
I will run up my local copy of trunk and see if I can duplicate here.
then will read the logs to see if I can get an idea.

as a side note I was lookng at the login it self since other forms seem
to be working.

Ray Barlow sent the following on 11/11/2007 4:53 AM:

> There are admin/ofbiz accounts on the backend of the hot wax demo site,
> otherwise I wouldn't be able to log in with them at all. I can log in
> with them but under some circumstances it takes more than one attempt
> basically the form data isn't always getting through.
>
> I know BJ was having similar issues although he mentioned them on the
> user mailing list I pointed him here to this thread but it appears
> others either aren't seeing it (which is possible as it doesn't happen
> all the time), have tried it and can't see or haven't had the time to
> try it.
>
> I used firefox as well but tested heavily in IE as I could keep all my
> other browser sessions open in firefox then :-)
>
> I tried the url you specified but decided not to test it that much as
> that is not the latest trunk version and if you've already tried it then
> we should evaluate what is different between the two versions. Did you
> test it out on the hot wax demo site to see if you could reproduce it?
>
> Ray
>
> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Hi Ray,
>>
>> I agree for the eCommerce.
>> For backend login, it's because there are no admin/ofbiz but demoadmin/ofibz (with ltd rigths). You may try
>> http://lamouline.myvnc.com:8080/ecommerce
>> No problems with DemoCatalog either
>>
>> I used Firefox but I guess it's not the point.
>>
>> Jacques

Scott Gray
FYI, I noticed it on the demo site but not on my local copy.

Regards
Scott