ms sql server 2005 shoppinglist problem

wperng
My ofbiz instance uses ms sql server 2005.  The schedule service doesn't
generate orders from my automatic re-orders shopping lists.  If I force the
"runShoppingListAutoReorder" process to run, it seems the process will run
forever.  I don't see error in log file.  I have tried the source code from
trunk and Release4.0, and also tried ms jdbc driver and jtds driver.  If I
use derby, everything is ok.  Any idea ?

Thanks

William Perng
[hidden email]
(516) 742-7888 Ext; 223
Yahoo IM: william.perng

Re: ms sql server 2005 shoppinglist problem

Amine AZZI
it's because of the field runtimeInfo in the table RUNTIME_DATA that hasn't
the suitable size, it should be changed to type text or ntext.

Amine.

2007/8/7, William Perng <[hidden email]>:

> My ofbiz instance uses ms sql server 2005.  The schedule service doesn't
> generate orders from my automatic re-orders shopping lists.  If I force
> the
> "runShoppingListAutoReorder" process to run, it seems the process will run
> forever.  I don't see error in log file.  I have tried the source code
> from
> trunk and Release4.0, and also tried ms jdbc driver and jtds driver.  If I
> use derby, everything is ok.  Any idea ?
>
> Thanks
>

> William Perng
> [hidden email]
> (516) 742-7888 Ext; 223
> Yahoo IM: william.perng

RE: ms sql server 2005 shoppinglist problem

wperng
The type of that column is text now.  Thanks

it's because of the field runtimeInfo in the table RUNTIME_DATA that hasn't
the suitable size, it should be changed to type text or ntext.

Amine.

2007/8/7, William Perng <[hidden email]>:

> My ofbiz instance uses ms sql server 2005.  The schedule service
> doesn't generate orders from my automatic re-orders shopping lists.
> If I force the "runShoppingListAutoReorder" process to run, it seems
> the process will run forever.  I don't see error in log file.  I have
> tried the source code from trunk and Release4.0, and also tried ms
> jdbc driver and jtds driver.  If I use derby, everything is ok.  Any
> idea ?
>
> Thanks
>

> William Perng
> [hidden email]
> (516) 742-7888 Ext; 223
> Yahoo IM: william.perng

RE: ms sql server 2005 shoppinglist problem

wperng
I double check my RUNTIME_DATA column in runtimeInfo table.  It has been set
to type "text", and it still doesn't work.  Please help, thanks.

The type of that column is text now.  Thanks

it's because of the field runtimeInfo in the table RUNTIME_DATA that hasn't
the suitable size, it should be changed to type text or ntext.

Amine.

2007/8/7, William Perng <[hidden email]>:

> My ofbiz instance uses ms sql server 2005.  The schedule service
> doesn't generate orders from my automatic re-orders shopping lists.
> If I force the "runShoppingListAutoReorder" process to run, it seems
> the process will run forever.  I don't see error in log file.  I have
> tried the source code from trunk and Release4.0, and also tried ms
> jdbc driver and jtds driver.  If I use derby, everything is ok.  Any
> idea ?
>
> Thanks
>

> William Perng
> [hidden email]
> (516) 742-7888 Ext; 223
> Yahoo IM: william.perng

Re: ms sql server 2005 shoppinglist problem

Amine AZZI
Try put it ntext, this is the type I used (I didn't try text)
Did you reset ofbiz?
if it doesn't still work, try to see the log, or run the service directly
from the webtools module through the service reference menu (you select the
service, and then click on schedule)

2007/8/7, William Perng <[hidden email]>:

> I double check my RUNTIME_DATA column in runtimeInfo table.  It has been
> set
> to type "text", and it still doesn't work.  Please help, thanks.

I tried the ntext, it still doesn't work for me.  However, it works after I
comment out "dispatcher.runAsync("sendOrderPayRetryNotification",
UtilMisc.toMap("orderId", orderId));" in createListReorders method of
ShoppingListServices.java.  It is hung before the control reaches the
implementation of "sendOrderPayRetryNotification" service.  There is no
error message since it looks like the system is waiting for something.

Try put it ntext, this is the type I used (I didn't try text) Did you reset
ofbiz?
if it doesn't still work, try to see the log, or run the service directly
from the webtools module through the service reference menu (you select the
service, and then click on schedule)

2007/8/7, William Perng <[hidden email]>:

> I double check my RUNTIME_DATA column in runtimeInfo table.  It has
> been set to type "text", and it still doesn't work.  Please help,
> thanks.

Sorry, that my suggestion wasn't the right one, and happy that it works for
you.

Amine.

2007/8/8, William Perng <[hidden email]>:

> I tried the ntext, it still doesn't work for me.  However, it works after
> comment out "dispatcher.runAsync("sendOrderPayRetryNotification",
> UtilMisc.toMap("orderId", orderId));" in createListReorders method of
> ShoppingListServices.java.  It is hung before the control reaches the
> implementation of "sendOrderPayRetryNotification" service.  There is no
> error message since it looks like the system is waiting for something.
>
> Thanks

Hi, Amine :

I appreciate your help. I learn how to test it from your reply.  But I still
need to figure out why this is not working, since I cannot just comment it
out.

Thanks

William

Sorry, that my suggestion wasn't the right one, and happy that it works for
you.

Amine.

2007/8/8, William Perng <[hidden email]>:

> I tried the ntext, it still doesn't work for me.  However, it works
> after I comment out
> "dispatcher.runAsync("sendOrderPayRetryNotification",
> UtilMisc.toMap("orderId", orderId));" in createListReorders method of
> ShoppingListServices.java.  It is hung before the control reaches the
> implementation of "sendOrderPayRetryNotification" service.  There is
> no error message since it looks like the system is waiting for something.
>
> Thanks

sessionAttributes in screen widget

wperng
I put the partyId in session attribute, however, I am not able to use the
following code to retrieve it in screen widget.   <set field="partyId"
from-field="sessionAttributes.partyId"/>  It works fine, if I put my partyId
in url and use parameters.partyId to read it.  Could anyone please help ?

Thanks

William Perng

Re: sessionAttributes in screen widget

Adrian Crum
Why not just put the partyId in the parameters Map?

William Perng wrote:

> I put the partyId in session attribute, however, I am not able to use the
> following code to retrieve it in screen widget.   <set field="partyId"
> from-field="sessionAttributes.partyId"/>  It works fine, if I put my partyId
> in url and use parameters.partyId to read it.  Could anyone please help ?
>
> Thanks
>
> William Perng

RE: sessionAttributes in screen widget

wperng
I am not sure I understand ofbiz correctly.  Please correct me, if I am
wrong.  I thought if I want to put the partyId in parameters Map, it has to
be in the url.  The ofbiz will automatically populate those parameters in
url to parameters map.  In our customized application, we need keep the
partyId in session, since our page content will change base one this partyId
in session attribute.

William Perng wrote:

> I put the partyId in session attribute, however, I am not able to use the
> following code to retrieve it in screen widget.   <set field="partyId"
> from-field="sessionAttributes.partyId"/>  It works fine, if I put my
> partyId in url and use parameters.partyId to read it.  Could anyone please
help ?

> Thanks
>
> William Perng

Re: sessionAttributes in screen widget

David E Jones

Not sure where you got that idea... If anyone said it on the mailing lists they were wrong.

Check out the UtilHttp.getCombinedMap(HttpServletRequest request, Set namesToSkip) method.

-David

William Perng wrote:

> I am not sure I understand ofbiz correctly.  Please correct me, if I am
> wrong.  I thought if I want to put the partyId in parameters Map, it has to
> be in the url.  The ofbiz will automatically populate those parameters in
> url to parameters map.  In our customized application, we need keep the
> partyId in session, since our page content will change base one this partyId
> in session attribute.

Oh, BTW, sessionAttributes.partyId should get that attribute out if it exists.

You can also try doing a label with ${sessionAttributes} in the widgets or in your FTL file to see what is in the session.

-David

David E Jones wrote:

> Not sure where you got that idea... If anyone said it on the mailing
> lists they were wrong.
>
> Check out the UtilHttp.getCombinedMap(HttpServletRequest request, Set
> namesToSkip) method.
>
> -David
>

> William Perng wrote:
>> I am not sure I understand ofbiz correctly.  Please correct me, if I am
>> wrong.  I thought if I want to put the partyId in parameters Map, it
>> has to
>> be in the url.  The ofbiz will automatically populate those parameters in
>> url to parameters map.  In our customized application, we need keep the
>> partyId in session, since our page content will change base one this
>> partyId
>> in session attribute.

The parameters Map does contain the url parameters - as well as context parameters set in the
web.xml file and parameters set in scripts and <actions> elements in screen widgets.

So...

In web.xml:

<context-param>
   <param-name>myParameter</param-name>
   <param-value>Hello World</param-value>
</context-param>

In bsh script:

parameters.put("myParameter", "Hello World");

In screen widget:

<actions>
   <set field="parameters.myParameter" value="Hello World"/>
</actions>

William Perng wrote:

> I am not sure I understand ofbiz correctly.  Please correct me, if I am
> wrong.  I thought if I want to put the partyId in parameters Map, it has to
> be in the url.  The ofbiz will automatically populate those parameters in
> url to parameters map.  In our customized application, we need keep the
> partyId in session, since our page content will change base one this partyId
> in session attribute.

Thanks to David and Amine.  It works.  I should use  <set field="partyId"
from-field="parameters.partyId"/>.

William