multitenancy - use of tenant_component and tenant_key_encrypting_key tables

multitenancy - use of tenant_component and tenant_key_encrypting_key tables

Sameer Apte
Hi All,

Earlier I was exploring how the multitenancy works in ofbiz.
Experience so far has been quite positive.
However it would be great if someone can point me in the right direction so
that I can see what are the ideas behind *tenant_component* and
*tenant_key_encrypting_key* tables.
I created the 2 tenants which seem to be working fine with the domain names
I have configured inside /etc/hosts on my ubuntu. However as both these
tables are empty I am not sure under what circumstances they are envisaged
to be used.

Happy new year and thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sameer Apte

Re: multitenancy - use of tenant_component and tenant_key_encrypting_key tables

Hi Sameer,

These tables were respectively added with

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk@1172989
Now https://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/site/trunk/readme/html5/README.html#load-data-for-a-specific-tenant

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk@1334257
Seems actually used now but not sure. Best information about it: https://markmail.org/message/546ktszoki7aahy2

HTH

Jacques

Le 31/12/2020 à 23:41, Sameer Apte a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> Earlier I was exploring how the multitenancy works in ofbiz.
> Experience so far has been quite positive.
> However it would be great if someone can point me in the right direction so
> that I can see what are the ideas behind *tenant_component* and
> *tenant_key_encrypting_key* tables.
> I created the 2 tenants which seem to be working fine with the domain names
> I have configured inside /etc/hosts on my ubuntu. However as both these
> tables are empty I am not sure under what circumstances they are envisaged
> to be used.
>
> Happy new year and thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Sameer Apte

Re: multitenancy - use of tenant_component and tenant_key_encrypting_key tables

Sameer Apte
Thanks Jacques for getting back.
I will go through them.
Regards