need some basic informaiton

walterbyrd
I am considering ofbiz/sequia for a small 3PL (third party logistics) comapany.

The company needs to have it's inventory viewable by the it's client.

I am looking to put something on a shared web-host.

Will ofbiz/sequia work for this? Will the shared web-host have to support java, or it java only needed for the client?

Re: Users - need some basic informaiton

BJ Freeman
Yes you need java the SDK one.

walterbyrd sent the following on 3/25/06 2:04 PM:

> I am considering ofbiz/sequia for a small 3PL (third party logistics)
> comapany.
>
> The company needs to have it's inventory viewable by the it's client.
>
> I am looking to put something on a shared web-host.
>
> Will ofbiz/sequia work for this? Will the shared web-host have to support
> java, or it java only needed for the client?

Re: Users - need some basic informaiton

Andrew Sykes
Walter,

There have been various comments over the past year or so from people
advising against using shared server space to run OFBiz, unless you're
sharing it with other stuff you have full control of.

I'd suggest that running OFBiz is a big enough task without the danger
of some unknown other person messing around with the box.

You will need the java SDK to run the system, and it's worth pointing
out that currently 1.5 is not advised (see various discussions over the
past few weeks).

I hope this helps you a bit.
--
Kind Regards