partial picking and packing?

Si Chen-2
Hi.

Does the system currently support partial pick or pack?

For example, is it possible to generate a picklist which says "Get 10
of item X from order #1", then if the warehouse comes back and only
picked 8, then the next time the picklist will say "Get 2 of item X
from order #1" again?

Similarly, if the system has reserved 10 units of inventory against
an order item, can I use the "Packing" tab to pack only 8, and then
next time come back to  pack the last 2?  I seem to be getting "No
inventory reservation available errors".

Si

Re: partial picking and packing?

Si Chen-2
It seems on further research that picklists will check for past pick
lists and skip if the order item is on a non-canceled one, so a re-
pick is currently not possible.  Would it be a good idea to extend it
so that it can figure out if there is a leftover balance from past
picks?

The partial packing works sometimes and breaks sometimes.  Not quite
sure why that is yet.

Si