pos hangs after few attempts

Pal Infocom Technologies-2
WHEN I RUN POS USING COMMAND
JAVA -JAR OFBIZ.JAR -POS
IT HANGS AFTER TAKING FEW KEY CLICKS LIKE
IF I ENTER ITEM CODE AND PRESS SKU THEN IT HANGS.
PLZ PROVIDE HELP IN THIS REGARD.

THANKS

REGARDS
AMIT KUMAR
PAL INFOCOM TECHNOLOGIES INDIA.

Re: pos hangs after few attempts

Amit,

Which platform are you using ? I noticed some problems recently under
Linux, not sure why. I'm currently using XP and I did not try on Linux
since I saw those problems.

Jacques

De : "amit charaya" <[hidden email]>

> WHEN I RUN POS USING COMMAND
> JAVA -JAR OFBIZ.JAR -POS
> IT HANGS AFTER TAKING FEW KEY CLICKS LIKE
> IF I ENTER ITEM CODE AND PRESS SKU THEN IT HANGS.
> PLZ PROVIDE HELP IN THIS REGARD.
>
> THANKS
>

> REGARDS
> AMIT KUMAR
> PAL INFOCOM TECHNOLOGIES INDIA.

Re: Which Platform

Pal Infocom Technologies-2
I am using linux opensaus

jacques.le.roux wrote

De : "amit charaya" <ofbiz@palinfocom.net>

> WHEN I RUN POS USING COMMAND
> JAVA -JAR OFBIZ.JAR -POS
> IT HANGS AFTER TAKING FEW KEY CLICKS LIKE
> IF I ENTER ITEM CODE AND PRESS SKU THEN IT HANGS.
> PLZ PROVIDE HELP IN THIS REGARD.
>
> THANKS
>

> REGARDS
> AMIT KUMAR
> PAL INFOCOM TECHNOLOGIES INDIA.

Re: Which Platform

OK, when I will have a chance I will have a look at it

Jacques

De : "amit charaya" <[hidden email]>

> I am using linux opensaus
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
> >
> > Amit,
> >
> > Which platform are you using ? I noticed some problems recently
under
> > Linux, not sure why. I'm currently using XP and I did not try on
Linux

> > since I saw those problems.
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > De : "amit charaya" <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >> WHEN I RUN POS USING COMMAND
> >> JAVA -JAR OFBIZ.JAR -POS
> >> IT HANGS AFTER TAKING FEW KEY CLICKS LIKE
> >> IF I ENTER ITEM CODE AND PRESS SKU THEN IT HANGS.
> >> PLZ PROVIDE HELP IN THIS REGARD.
> >>
> >> THANKS
> >>

> >> REGARDS
> >> AMIT KUMAR
> >> PAL INFOCOM TECHNOLOGIES INDIA.

Re: Which Platform

Yes indeed, It seems that this issue http://tinyurl.com/2obwja is
extending. I guess it's because we now use only java 1.5 (see Raj Saini
remarks at this subject)

This problems does not exist under Windows. Quite annoying :(

I have not time yet to look at it, and I must admit to idea for a
solution. I spent already some time on it, without tremendous results.
Of course any effort are welcome

Sorry for that

Jacques

> OK, when I will have a chance I will have a look at it
>
> Jacques
>
> De : "amit charaya" <[hidden email]>
> >
> > I am using linux opensaus
> >

> > jacques.le.roux wrote:
> > >
> > > Amit,
> > >
> > > Which platform are you using ? I noticed some problems recently
> under
> > > Linux, not sure why. I'm currently using XP and I did not try on
> Linux
> > > since I saw those problems.
> > >
> > > Jacques
> > >
> > > De : "amit charaya" <[hidden email]>

Re: Which Platform

David E Jones

Jacques,

Quick thought here... Could you (and everyone else :) ) use actual URLs in your email instead of the tinyurl stuff?

The main reason is that with the tinyurl in order to see what the link goes to you have to click on it, instead of just reading the URL.

-David

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Yes indeed, It seems that this issue http://tinyurl.com/2obwja is
> extending. I guess it's because we now use only java 1.5 (see Raj Saini
> remarks at this subject)
>
> This problems does not exist under Windows. Quite annoying :(
>
> I have not time yet to look at it, and I must admit to idea for a
> solution. I spent already some time on it, without tremendous results.
> Of course any effort are welcome
>
> Sorry for that
>
> Jacques
>

>> OK, when I will have a chance I will have a look at it
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> De : "amit charaya" <[hidden email]>
>>> I am using linux opensaus

>> under
>> Linux

Re: Which Platform

Yes sorry David, you had already asked so. It becomes a habit for me.
For Jira issue I will really try to remember !

Jacques

> Jacques,
>
> Quick thought here... Could you (and everyone else :) ) use actual
URLs in your email instead of the tinyurl stuff?

> The main reason is that with the tinyurl in order to see what the link
goes to you have to click on it, instead of just reading the URL.

> -David
>

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > Yes indeed, It seems that this issue http://tinyurl.com/2obwja is
> > extending. I guess it's because we now use only java 1.5 (see Raj
Saini
> > remarks at this subject)
> >
> > This problems does not exist under Windows. Quite annoying :(
> >
> > I have not time yet to look at it, and I must admit to idea for a
> > solution. I spent already some time on it, without tremendous
results.

> > Of course any effort are welcome
> >
> > Sorry for that
> >
> > Jacques
> >

> >> OK, when I will have a chance I will have a look at it
> >>
> >> Jacques
> >>
> >> De : "amit charaya" <[hidden email]>

> >> under
> >> Linux

Re: Which Platform

There are some problems on Windows too. I will definitively have a
closer look at it !

Jacques

> Yes indeed, It seems that this issue http://tinyurl.com/2obwja is
> extending. I guess it's because we now use only java 1.5 (see Raj
Saini

> remarks at this subject)
>
> This problems does not exist under Windows. Quite annoying :(
>
> I have not time yet to look at it, and I must admit to idea for a
> solution. I spent already some time on it, without tremendous results.
> Of course any effort are welcome
>
> Sorry for that
>
> Jacques
>

> > OK, when I will have a chance I will have a look at it
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > De : "amit charaya" <[hidden email]>
> > >
> > > I am using linux opensaus

> > under
> > Linux

Re: Which Platform

I tried tonight on XP wihout any problems. I will try tomorrow morning on Ubuntu...

Jacques

> There are some problems on Windows too. I will definitively have a
> closer look at it !
>
> Jacques
>
> > Yes indeed, It seems that this issue http://tinyurl.com/2obwja is
> > extending. I guess it's because we now use only java 1.5 (see Raj
> Saini
> > remarks at this subject)
> >
> > This problems does not exist under Windows. Quite annoying :(
> >
> > I have not time yet to look at it, and I must admit to idea for a
> > solution. I spent already some time on it, without tremendous results.
> > Of course any effort are welcome
> >
> > Sorry for that
> >
> > Jacques
> >

> > > OK, when I will have a chance I will have a look at it
> > >
> > > Jacques
> > >
> > > De : "amit charaya" <[hidden email]>

> > > under
> > > Linux

Re: Which Platform

I finally just tested on Ubuntu with last svn. It work well as long as you use the Jeremy's trick :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-567#action_12506734

Jacques

De : "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>