possible solution to OOTB tests

Adam Heath-2
How about using the EntitySync stuff, to record all changes during a
test run, then 'undoing' them?

Re: possible solution to OOTB tests

Tim Ruppert
That's typically the process I've used with other tools, but I didn't
know this type of serialization was already built into OFBiz.  Sounds
pretty cool.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Tim Ruppert wrote:
> That's typically the process I've used with other tools, but I didn't
> know this type of serialization was already built into OFBiz.  Sounds
> pretty cool.

Well, it's not featureful enough.  I've seen messages in the log about
EntityAuditLog.  After I sent that email, I looked at the code, and it
is designed to activate on individual fields.  It'd need to be altered
to handle full entities; but that doesn't sound all that hard to do.

ps: If someone else wanted to tackle making the audit stuff save full
entities, that'd be just swell.

Re: possible solution to OOTB tests

David E Jones-3

On Nov 10, 2008, at 11:30 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

> Tim Ruppert wrote:
>> That's typically the process I've used with other tools, but I didn't
>> know this type of serialization was already built into OFBiz.  Sounds
>> pretty cool.
>
> Well, it's not featureful enough.  I've seen messages in the log about
> EntityAuditLog.  After I sent that email, I looked at the code, and it
> is designed to activate on individual fields.  It'd need to be altered
> to handle full entities; but that doesn't sound all that hard to do.
>
> ps: If someone else wanted to tackle making the audit stuff save full
> entities, that'd be just swell.

Wait, are you talking about the EntitySync stuff, or the entity audit
stuff?

I guess either way they aren't really adequate for this sort of thing.
The EntitySync stuff doesn't keep track of what changed, just that
something changed at a certain point in time so that we know what
needs to be sent to the other server(s).

The entity audit stuff could do this, perhaps, but would be REALLY
inefficient as it records changes to one field at a time. It may be
faster to truncate all tables and just reload the demo data in order
to refresh it...

David E Jones wrote:

> The entity audit stuff could do this, perhaps, but would be REALLY
> inefficient as it records changes to one field at a time. It may be
> faster to truncate all tables and just reload the demo data in order to
> refresh it...

I'm talking about the audit stuff, and yeah, per-field would suck.  But
if there was another feature added to the audit stuff, so that you could
save an entire entity in one go.  Might need a separate set of tables,
and another flag in the model.