possible to change this into a web service call?

possible to change this into a web service call?

jin1212
Hello,
I have a question about the following request-map element inside controller.xml:

    <request-map uri="processorder">
        <security https="true" auth="false"/>
        <event type="java" path="org.ofbiz.order.shoppingcart.CheckOutEvents" invoke="createOrder"/>
        <response name="sales_order" type="request" value="checkBlacklist"/>
        <response name="work_order" type="request" value="checkBlacklist"/>
        <response name="error" type="view" value="checkoutreview"/>
    </request-map>

is it possible to change the event into a web service call so I can call 'createOrder' remotely from another server?
I know it's possible if the event type equals to "service", because all I have to do is set the export flag to 'true' for the service.

Thank you!, Jeremy