recommended memory setting for low traffic ofbiz install?

recommended memory setting for low traffic ofbiz install?

rhodebump
Hi,
Sorry for the question, but I am running ofbiz on a server with tons
of memory available to it, and I never had to put tomcat on a diet
before (just give it a 1Gb and forget about it).  I am moving
everything to a VPS server (I think with RIMU hosting) and would like
to buy the extra memory now if I need it.

Thanks.
Phillip

Re: recommended memory setting for low traffic ofbiz install?

BJ Freeman
I have run ofbiz on 512 no problem
for very active sites I have use 1-2 gigs and move the DB to a companion
server. More for CPU usage than memory.

phillip rhodes sent the following on 4/20/2008 7:45 PM:

> Hi,
> Sorry for the question, but I am running ofbiz on a server with tons of
> memory available to it, and I never had to put tomcat on a diet before
> (just give it a 1Gb and forget about it).  I am moving everything to a
> VPS server (I think with RIMU hosting) and would like to buy the extra
> memory now if I need it.
>
> Thanks.
> Phillip

Re: recommended memory setting for low traffic ofbiz install?

G.Venkata Phanindra
   It also depends on the modules that you are using. For suppose if you
donnot want to use all the modules provided in Ofbiz ERP you can try by not
starting those modules.i donnot remember the exact XML file but i think its
somthing like applications.xml. where you will define the applications start
up.
Note : There is intermodule dependency be careful while trying ......

Regards

Phanindra.

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

Re: recommended memory setting for low traffic ofbiz install?

It even runs whit 384Mo (on Linux) see
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Alternative+Demo+Servers#AlternativeDemoServers-Release4.0 for
instance

Remember that the OFBiz project began in 2001... You remember the machines at this time ?

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>