search form

myofbiz
Hii all

Can someone tell me this ....

Iam trying to create a search form as in findExample..
For that service name=”performfind” is used in findExample
form
<serviceservice-name="performFind"result-map-name="result"result-map-list-name="listIt">
                <field-mapfield-name="inputFields"env-name="exampleFeatureCtx"/>
                <field-mapfield-name="entityName"value="ExampleFeature"/>
            </service>
(What is env-name referring to..)
 For my application
also do I have to use performfind for search form. If so where do I define the “performfind”
service in context.and do I need  script/*services.xml

Thankyou

Re: search form

Mridul Pathak-2
Hi Adithi,
    Here are the answers to your questions:

1) env-name refers to the name of the environment variable which you either
create or is available in the screen context (in this particular case).
2) performFind service is a generic service available in OFBiz which
performs search on a single entity.  Its not necessary to use performFind
service for your application, but it provides you with the logic to perform
search in a single entity (or a view-entity) on different conditions.  So
you can always use it if it matches your criteria.
3) Since performFind service is already available in OFBiz you need not to
define it any where, neither you need any script/*service.xml file unless
required.  You can find it in framework/common/servicedef/services.xml.

--
Thanks & Regards
Mridul Pathak