session problem

prateek-2
 hi,

   Initially , when i start on ecommerce part of " ofbiz " , then according to requirement I have changed the " Login Page " as home page . But  originally it was that main page showing  products.

  Then after that if someone writes the URL of that main page then it would bypass that login  page which is now my Home page . I think there is some problem in session .

  i am not able to find out why it is doing so. What changes i need to make?.

 Thanks in Advance
  Prateek
 Voltix Softwares
 Chandigarh

Re: session problem

Could you explain more your problem. Do you mean that you get this behaviour before somebody login ? Did you have a look at the log
? You should find there what is actually happening.

Jacques

De : "Prateek" <[hidden email]>

>  hi,
>
>    Initially , when i start on ecommerce part of " ofbiz " , then according
> to requirement I have changed the " Login Page " as home page . But
> originally it was that main page showing  products.
>
>   Then after that if someone writes the URL of that main page then it would
> bypass that login  page which is now my Home page . I think there is some
> problem in session .
>
>   i am not able to find out why it is doing so. What changes i need to
> make?.
>
>  Thanks in Advance
>   Prateek
>  Voltix Softwares
>  Chandigarh

Re: session problem

prateek-2
Hi ,
  I will explain u in detail.  I have been working on "Ecommerce" part of "Ofbiz" . In the "Ecommerce  " part  , that Main page showing products would be opened first which is the Home page . But according to requirement of our client I have set "login page " as my Home page. Only after someone enters correct username /passwords  main page showing products and all other details will get opened.

  The issue is that:
        If someone directly write the url of the main page showing products then it should not open that main page , instead it should return to the "Login Page" . But this wont happen .

        Why this happens.It is definately session problem as i think so.
       But i was unable to fix it, also i donot know concerned files managing session.

Thanks
prateek
Voltix softwares

jacques.le.roux wrote

De : "Prateek" <prateekd@voltix.com>

>  hi,
>
>    Initially , when i start on ecommerce part of " ofbiz " , then according
> to requirement I have changed the " Login Page " as home page . But
> originally it was that main page showing  products.
>
>   Then after that if someone writes the URL of that main page then it would
> bypass that login  page which is now my Home page . I think there is some
> problem in session .
>
>   i am not able to find out why it is doing so. What changes i need to
> make?.
>
>  Thanks in Advance
>   Prateek
>  Voltix Softwares
>  Chandigarh

Re: session problem

BJ Freeman
I suggest you look at the code for the backend.
you can not circumvent the login there.

Prateek sent the following on 10/5/2007 4:13 AM:

> Hi ,
>   I will explain u in detail.  I have been working on "Ecommerce" part of
> "Ofbiz" . In the "Ecommerce  " part  , that Main page showing products would
> be opened first which is the Home page . But according to requirement of our
> client I have set "login page " as my Home page. Only after someone enters
> correct username /passwords  main page showing products and all other
> details will get opened.
>
>   The issue is that:
>         If someone directly write the url of the main page showing products
> then it should not open that main page , instead it should return to the
> "Login Page" . But this wont happen .
>
>         Why this happens.It is definately session problem as i think so.
>        But i was unable to fix it, also i donot know concerned files
> managing session.
>
> Thanks
> prateek
> Voltix softwares
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>> Could you explain more your problem. Do you mean that you get this
>> behaviour before somebody login ? Did you have a look at the log
>> ? You should find there what is actually happening.
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> De : "Prateek" <[hidden email]>
>>>  hi,
>>>
>>>    Initially , when i start on ecommerce part of " ofbiz " , then
>>> according
>>> to requirement I have changed the " Login Page " as home page . But
>>> originally it was that main page showing  products.
>>>
>>>   Then after that if someone writes the URL of that main page then it
>>> would
>>> bypass that login  page which is now my Home page . I think there is some
>>> problem in session .
>>>
>>>   i am not able to find out why it is doing so. What changes i need to
>>> make?.
>>>
>>>  Thanks in Advance
>>>   Prateek
>>>  Voltix Softwares
>>>  Chandigarh

Re: session problem

Scott Gray
I think I answered this in another thread, you need to set auth="true" on
all request mappings that you do not want to allow anonymous access to.

Regards
Scott

On 06/10/2007, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I suggest you look at the code for the backend.
> you can not circumvent the login there.
>

> Prateek sent the following on 10/5/2007 4:13 AM:
> > Hi ,
> >   I will explain u in detail.  I have been working on "Ecommerce" part
> of
> > "Ofbiz" . In the "Ecommerce  " part  , that Main page showing products
> would
> > be opened first which is the Home page . But according to requirement of
> our
> > client I have set "login page " as my Home page. Only after someone
> enters
> > correct username /passwords  main page showing products and all other
> > details will get opened.
> >
> >   The issue is that:
> >         If someone directly write the url of the main page showing
> products
> > then it should not open that main page , instead it should return to the
> > "Login Page" . But this wont happen .
> >
> >         Why this happens.It is definately session problem as i think so.
> >        But i was unable to fix it, also i donot know concerned files
> > managing session.
> >
> > Thanks
> > prateek
> > Voltix softwares
> >

> > jacques.le.roux wrote:
> >> Could you explain more your problem. Do you mean that you get this
> >> behaviour before somebody login ? Did you have a look at the log
> >> ? You should find there what is actually happening.
> >>
> >> Jacques
> >>
> >> De : "Prateek" <[hidden email]>

> some

Re: session problem

prateek-2
Hi
   Please tell me what is name of the file and  location , where i need to set auth="true"
Bye

prateek
Voltix software
India

Scott Gray wrote

On 06/10/2007, BJ Freeman <bjfree@free-man.net> wrote:

> I suggest you look at the code for the backend.
> you can not circumvent the login there.
>

> Prateek sent the following on 10/5/2007 4:13 AM:
> > Hi ,
> >   I will explain u in detail.  I have been working on "Ecommerce" part
> of
> > "Ofbiz" . In the "Ecommerce  " part  , that Main page showing products
> would
> > be opened first which is the Home page . But according to requirement of
> our
> > client I have set "login page " as my Home page. Only after someone
> enters
> > correct username /passwords  main page showing products and all other
> > details will get opened.
> >
> >   The issue is that:
> >         If someone directly write the url of the main page showing
> products
> > then it should not open that main page , instead it should return to the
> > "Login Page" . But this wont happen .
> >
> >         Why this happens.It is definately session problem as i think so.
> >        But i was unable to fix it, also i donot know concerned files
> > managing session.
> >
> > Thanks
> > prateek
> > Voltix softwares
> >

> > jacques.le.roux wrote:
> >> Could you explain more your problem. Do you mean that you get this
> >> behaviour before somebody login ? Did you have a look at the log
> >> ? You should find there what is actually happening.
> >>
> >> Jacques
> >>
> >> De : "Prateek" <prateekd@voltix.com>

> some

Re: session problem

Scott Gray
applications/ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/controller.xml

Scott

On 09/10/2007, Prateek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>    Please tell me what is name of the file and  location , where i need to
> set auth="true"
> Bye
>
> prateek
> Voltix software
> India
>

> Scott Gray wrote:
> >
> > I think I answered this in another thread, you need to set auth="true"
> on
> > all request mappings that you do not want to allow anonymous access to.
> >
> > Regards
> > Scott
> >
> > On 06/10/2007, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I suggest you look at the code for the backend.
> >> you can not circumvent the login there.
> >>

> >> Prateek sent the following on 10/5/2007 4:13 AM:
> part
> >> of
> products
> >> would
> >> of
> >> our
> >> enters

> >> products
> >> the

> >> so.

> it
> is
> >> some

Re: session problem

prateek-2
Hello
 Problem is that:
   When i login from ecommerce website , the top of page shows the  " username " we have entered.But when we log out then also the top of page keep on showing that "usename ".
   This shows  session wont get expire on logout. How to remove this session problem .

Thanks
Prateek
Scott Gray wrote