shipment status shipped

Fred Forester-2

Hi all

I can't figure how to get a shipment to change to SHIPMENT_SHIPPED. what
is the UI flow required to get it marked as shipped? I know it can be
changed manually in edit shipment.

Thanx
Fred

Re: shipment status shipped

David E. Jones

The other 2 existing options are: Quick Ship in the Order Manager, and the Packing screens in the Facility Manager (those may by default only set the shipment to packed, which is really all those are meant for, but you could change it to set it to shipped).

A Shipped status is tricky... Technically your business only usually cares if it's packed (for financial and other reasons). It is only technically "shipped" once the carrier has picked it up, and many companies don't even track that.

-David

Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi all
>

> I can't figure how to get a shipment to change to SHIPMENT_SHIPPED. what
> is the UI flow required to get it marked as shipped? I know it can be
> changed manually in edit shipment.
>
> Thanx
> Fred

Re: shipment status shipped

Fred Forester-2

Thanx.

Fred

David E. Jones wrote:

> The other 2 existing options are: Quick Ship in the Order Manager, and
> the Packing screens in the Facility Manager (those may by default only
> set the shipment to packed, which is really all those are meant for, but
> you could change it to set it to shipped).
>
> A Shipped status is tricky... Technically your business only usually
> cares if it's packed (for financial and other reasons). It is only
> technically "shipped" once the carrier has picked it up, and many
> companies don't even track that.
>
> -David
>

> Fred Forester wrote:
>

>> Hi all
>>

>> I can't figure how to get a shipment to change to SHIPMENT_SHIPPED.
>> what is the UI flow required to get it marked as shipped? I know it
>> can be changed manually in edit shipment.
>>
>> Thanx
>> Fred

Re: shipment status shipped

Quick ship will put the shipment into SHIPPED status.  I think it's
better if we removed that part so that both quick-shipped and packed
orders are consistent and in the PACKED state.  Plus we can then use
the scheduling screens in facility manager to schedule both quick
shipped and packed shipments.

Si

On Jun 26, 2006, at 12:25 PM, David E. Jones wrote:

> The other 2 existing options are: Quick Ship in the Order Manager,
> and the Packing screens in the Facility Manager (those may by
> default only set the shipment to packed, which is really all those
> are meant for, but you could change it to set it to shipped).
>
> A Shipped status is tricky... Technically your business only
> usually cares if it's packed (for financial and other reasons). It
> is only technically "shipped" once the carrier has picked it up,
> and many companies don't even track that.
>
> -David
>

> Fred Forester wrote:
>> Hi all
>> I can't figure how to get a shipment to change to
>> SHIPMENT_SHIPPED. what is the UI flow required to get it marked as
>> shipped? I know it can be changed manually in edit shipment.
>> Thanx
>> Fred

Re: shipment status shipped

BJ Freeman
FYI
for those that use third party supplier to ship
the sequence is not quick a clear.
the invoice may come before or after the tracking info.
so have to account for going right from
in processing
shipped
if the tracking info get there first.
but not complete after delivered if the invoice has not been received.
unless you want to make the invoice clearing part of the accounting
reconcile process.

Si Chen sent the following on 6/26/2006 1:28 PM:

> Quick ship will put the shipment into SHIPPED status.  I think it's
> better if we removed that part so that both quick-shipped and packed
> orders are consistent and in the PACKED state.  Plus we can then use the
> scheduling screens in facility manager to schedule both quick shipped
> and packed shipments.
>
> Si
>

> On Jun 26, 2006, at 12:25 PM, David E. Jones wrote:
>

>> The other 2 existing options are: Quick Ship in the Order Manager, and
>> the Packing screens in the Facility Manager (those may by default only
>> set the shipment to packed, which is really all those are meant for,
>> but you could change it to set it to shipped).
>>
>> A Shipped status is tricky... Technically your business only usually
>> cares if it's packed (for financial and other reasons). It is only
>> technically "shipped" once the carrier has picked it up, and many
>> companies don't even track that.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> Fred Forester wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>> I can't figure how to get a shipment to change to SHIPMENT_SHIPPED.
>>> what is the UI flow required to get it marked as shipped? I know it
>>> can be changed manually in edit shipment.
>>> Thanx
>>> Fred

Re: shipment status shipped

Daniel Kunkel
Si

It would be better for us to have quick ship go all the way through to
the "shipped" status. Would it work to add another button "Quick Pack"

Thanks

Daniel

--
Daniel

*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-
Have a GREAT Day!

Daniel Kunkel           [hidden email]
BioWaves, LLC           http://www.BioWaves.com
14150 NE 20th St. Suite F1
Bellevue, WA 98007
800-734-3588    425-895-0050
http://www.Apartment-Pets.com  http://www.SatelliteRadioZone.com
http://www.Cards-Visa.com       http://www.ColorGlasses.com
*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-

Re: shipment status shipped

Or at least the button must change from "Quick Ship" to "Quick Pack" to be
sound.

Jacques

> Si
>
> It would be better for us to have quick ship go all the way through to
> the "shipped" status. Would it work to add another button "Quick Pack"
>
> Thanks
>
> Daniel
>

> On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 13:50 -0700, BJ Freeman wrote:
> > FYI
> > for those that use third party supplier to ship
> > the sequence is not quick a clear.
> > the invoice may come before or after the tracking info.
> > so have to account for going right from
> > in processing
> > shipped
> > if the tracking info get there first.
> > but not complete after delivered if the invoice has not been received.
> > unless you want to make the invoice clearing part of the accounting
> > reconcile process.
> >
> > Si Chen sent the following on 6/26/2006 1:28 PM:
> > > Quick ship will put the shipment into SHIPPED status.  I think it's
> > > better if we removed that part so that both quick-shipped and packed
> > > orders are consistent and in the PACKED state.  Plus we can then use the
> > > scheduling screens in facility manager to schedule both quick shipped
> > > and packed shipments.
> > >
> > > Si

> --
> Daniel
>
> *-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-
> Have a GREAT Day!
>
> Daniel Kunkel           [hidden email]
> BioWaves, LLC           http://www.BioWaves.com
> 14150 NE 20th St. Suite F1
> Bellevue, WA 98007
> 800-734-3588    425-895-0050
> http://www.Apartment-Pets.com  http://www.SatelliteRadioZone.com
> http://www.Cards-Visa.com       http://www.ColorGlasses.com

Re: shipment status shipped

Fred Forester-2

what was the intent of the updateShipmentFromStaging scheduled service
and OdbcPackageIn entity? this seems to mark shipments as shipped if the
shipment exists in OdbcPackageIn.

thanx.
Fred