simple-methods and html-form method="post"

simple-methods and html-form method="post"

Fabian Gorsler
Hi,

I'm just sitting in front of a HTML-form with post as method. The form
sends data to a simple-method, registered as service, but I'm always
getting errors about missing parameters. The missing parameters are
correct, because I've set some to optional="false".

2006-08-04 12:35:19,746 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-Processor4) [
ModelService.java:300:DEBUG] [ModelService.validate] : {updateIt} :
Validating context - {myparam=1, mynextparam=2, ..., mylastparam=123}

The parameters seem to exist in my context, but how can I tell the service
to use them in the parameters map? (I think this map is used for
services?!?) I couldn't find a parameter in the service definition which
maps from context to parameters or any. Did I overlook anything?

BTW: With method="get" there were no problems, but try to submit a special
Unicode-char with get...;)

TIA

Best regards,
Fabian.

Re: simple-methods and html-form method="post"

Fabian Gorsler
Hi,

it was form-display="true" attribute in the attributes-section of a
service definition. Don't ask my, why I hadn't tried this at once...

Best regards,
Fabian.

Unparseable number: "" exception

fadzi
Hi all,

I just did a svn update to get the latest, most of the pop up screens are
broken;

 org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://product/widget/catalog/LookupScreens.xml#LookupProduct]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not convert field value for the
field: [viewSize] to the [Integer] type for the value [10]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Could not convert to Integer:
(Unparseable number: "") (Could not convert field value for the field:
[viewSize] to the [Integer] type for the value [20]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Could not convert to Integer:
(Unparseable number: ""))

Am i missing something?

Re: Unparseable number: "" exception

Walter Vaughan
Yep. Somethings broken at least as far as revision 429316.
My test system was working fine till I updated at 8:40AM EST.

Now it seems to take much longer to render top level tabs and clicking on
manufacturing tab gets me

2006-08-07 12:44:49,151 (TP-Processor3) [     ControlServlet.java:186:ERROR]
Exception: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException
Message: Error rendering screen
[component://manufacturing/widget/manufacturing/JobshopScreens.xml#FindProductionRun]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not convert field value for the field:
[viewSize] to the [Integer] type for the value [50]:
---- stack trace ---------------------------------------------------------------
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://manufacturing/widget/manufacturing/JobshopScreens.xml#FindProductionRun]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not convert field value for the field:
[viewSize] to the [Integer] type for the value [50]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Could not convert  to Integer:
(Unparseable number: "") (Could not convert field value for the field:
[viewSize] to the [Integer] type for the value [50]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Could not convert  to Integer:
(Unparseable number: ""))

Yes, I ran ant run-install after I did "svn update"

Fadzi Ushewokunze wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just did a svn update to get the latest, most of the pop up screens
> are broken;
>
> org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
> [component://product/widget/catalog/LookupScreens.xml#LookupProduct]:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not convert field value for
> the field: [viewSize] to the [Integer] type for the value [10]:
> org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Could not convert to Integer:
> (Unparseable number: "") (Could not convert field value for the field:
> [viewSize] to the [Integer] type for the value [20]:
> org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Could not convert to Integer:
> (Unparseable number: ""))
>
> Am i missing something?

Re: Unparseable number: "" exception

Jacopo Cappellato
Fadzi, Walter, all,

this is now fixed in svn rev. 429334

Thanks for your bug report and sorry for this issue.

Jacopo

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> this is now fixed in svn rev. 429334

Yes it is.
Thanks.

<mode=smiley>
Wait! You're the one who broke it :)
</mode>

Cheers!

Walter

Re: Unparseable number: "" exception

David E Jones-2

On Aug 7, 2006, at 7:45 AM, Walter Vaughan wrote:

> <mode=smiley>
> Wait! You're the one who broke it :)
> </mode>

Actually, I'm the one who broke it... Jacopo just beat me to the fix
(thankfully...).

-David