standards for content on docs.ofbiz.org

Si Chen-2
Hi.

I was just looking at docs.ofbiz.org and noticed that more content
was being moved over from the Undersun documentation site and also
some emails from the mailing list being posted there.  It's great to
see the help from Rafiu and Anil--thanks so much!

This also brings up another point: what should be standard for
content on docs.ofbiz.org?  Should we aim for full length
documentation, such as those from the Undersun site, or should it be
more wiki like, where people can paste emails they find useful and
such?  Should it be organized around topics, chapters, and sections?
While I certainly appreciate any help we're getting, I think having
some standards would help guide the effort along.

Si

Re: standards for content on docs.ofbiz.org

David E Jones-2

The standards depend on which part of docs.ofbiz.org you're talking about, or which "space" in Confluence speak.

In the wiki ("OFBIZ") space it is a free for all and anyone can change anything.

In the end-user docs section things should be much more controlled. There is a smaller audience that can make changes there, only those with special permissions. Those documents should be a finished product ready for consumption by a user of OFBiz. They should be complete documents on the various topics they cover.

If someone finds an error in one of these documents or things something should be added they can leave a comment and an editor can incorporate the change.

I guess I didn't explain this well enough before when describing the game plan for the end user and other docs on docs.ofbiz.org?

-David

Si Chen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I was just looking at docs.ofbiz.org and noticed that more content was
> being moved over from the Undersun documentation site and also some
> emails from the mailing list being posted there.  It's great to see the
> help from Rafiu and Anil--thanks so much!
>
> This also brings up another point: what should be standard for content
> on docs.ofbiz.org?  Should we aim for full length documentation, such as
> those from the Undersun site, or should it be more wiki like, where
> people can paste emails they find useful and such?  Should it be
> organized around topics, chapters, and sections?  While I certainly
> appreciate any help we're getting, I think having some standards would
> help guide the effort along.
>
> Si

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment