suggestions for <text-find> form-widget tag

suggestions for <text-find> form-widget tag

Si Chen-2
Hi all.

I have a couple of suggestions for <text-find> tag in form widget:

1. Can we set the default to "begins with" and "ignore case" instead
of "equals"?  I find myself constantly changing those settings.
Also, look at the Find Parties page in party manager - that is how
that page functions.

2.  Can we add an optional attribute to hide the field lookup
settings from the user?  Sometimes showing all these lookup choices
is too much choice, and the user gets confused.

Si

Re: suggestions for <text-find> form-widget tag

Jacopo Cappellato
Si Chen wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have a couple of suggestions for <text-find> tag in form widget:
>
> 1. Can we set the default to "begins with" and "ignore case" instead of
> "equals"?  I find myself constantly changing those settings.  Also, look
> at the Find Parties page in party manager - that is how that page
> functions.

+1

> 2.  Can we add an optional attribute to hide the field lookup settings
> from the user?  Sometimes showing all these lookup choices is too much
> choice, and the user gets confused.

+1

> Si

Re: suggestions for <text-find> form-widget tag

> > I have a couple of suggestions for <text-find> tag in form widget:
> >
> > 1. Can we set the default to "begins with" and "ignore case" instead of
> > "equals"?  I find myself constantly changing those settings.  Also, look
> > at the Find Parties page in party manager - that is how that page
> > functions.
> >

> +1

+1

> > 2.  Can we add an optional attribute to hide the field lookup settings
> > from the user?  Sometimes showing all these lookup choices is too much
> > choice, and the user gets confused.
> >

> +1

+1

Jacques

> > Si

Re: suggestions for <text-find> form-widget tag

David E. Jones

Looks like 3 committers are for it, and it's fine with me too. If anyone has any code for it or wants to start working on it I guess the next step is a Jira issue.

-David

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> [...]

Ok, here is our new issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-64

So one more question--should the hide-options tag be "true" (don't
show the various search options) or "false" (show the search options)
by default?

Si

On Jun 28, 2006, at 3:04 PM, David E Jones wrote:

> Looks like 3 committers are for it, and it's fine with me too. If
> anyone has any code for it or wants to start working on it I guess
> the next step is a Jira issue.
>
> -David
>

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacopo Cappellato"
>> <[hidden email]>

I'd say certainly true... If someone wanted to change it for their UI they certainly could, but the UI would be overly simple and not terribly useful/flexible without them by default.

-David

Si Chen wrote:

> Ok, here is our new issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-64
>
> So one more question--should the hide-options tag be "true" (don't show
> the various search options) or "false" (show the search options) by
> default?
>
> Si
>

> On Jun 28, 2006, at 3:04 PM, David E Jones wrote:
>

>> Looks like 3 committers are for it, and it's fine with me too. If
>> anyone has any code for it or wants to start working on it I guess the
>> next step is a Jira issue.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <[hidden email]>

I wrote this backwards: if the attribute name is "hide-options" it should be false by default.

-David

David E. Jones wrote:

> I'd say certainly true... If someone wanted to change it for their UI
> they certainly could, but the UI would be overly simple and not terribly
> useful/flexible without them by default.
>
> -David
>

> Si Chen wrote:
>> Ok, here is our new issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-64
>>
>> So one more question--should the hide-options tag be "true" (don't
>> show the various search options) or "false" (show the search options)
>> by default?
>>
>> Si
>>

>> On Jun 28, 2006, at 3:04 PM, David E Jones wrote:
>>

>>> Looks like 3 committers are for it, and it's fine with me too. If
>>> anyone has any code for it or wants to start working on it I guess
>>> the next step is a Jira issue.
>>>
>>> -David

Yes, that makes sense.  The tag should be "hide-options" to false by
default.

Si