taxVatCode

In http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-VAT-vs-Sales-Tax-again-and-again-p15313132.html
Christian proposed to remove the field taxVatCode from UI

I'd like to remove fields
    taxCategory
    taxVatCode
    taxDutyCode
not only from UI but completly from OFBiz. They are no longer used for years now.

WDYT ?

Re: taxVatCode

David E Jones

Yes, I think it is pretty safe to remove them... unless someone speaks up of course.

They were replaced around 3-4 years ago.

I don't think this is the case, but before we totally remove each from the data model we should search around the code
base and see if anything is referring to them.

-David

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> In
> http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-VAT-vs-Sales-Tax-again-and-again-p15313132.html
> Christian proposed to remove the field taxVatCode from UI
>
> I'd like to remove fields    taxCategory
>    taxVatCode
>    taxDutyCode
> not only from UI but completly from OFBiz. They are no longer used for
> years now.
>
> WDYT ?

Re: taxVatCode

From: "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>

> Yes, I think it is pretty safe to remove them... unless someone speaks up of course.
>
> They were replaced around 3-4 years ago.
>
> I don't think this is the case, but before we totally remove each from the data model we should search around the code
> base and see if anything is referring to them.

I already checked for taxVatCode will do the 2 others as well

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> In
>> http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-VAT-vs-Sales-Tax-again-and-again-p15313132.html
>> Christian proposed to remove the field taxVatCode from UI
>>
>> I'd like to remove fields    taxCategory
>>    taxVatCode
>>    taxDutyCode
>> not only from UI but completly from OFBiz. They are no longer used for
>> years now.
>>
>> WDYT ?
>>
>> Jacques

Re: taxVatCode

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>

> From: "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Yes, I think it is pretty safe to remove them... unless someone speaks up of course.
>>
>> They were replaced around 3-4 years ago.
>>
>> I don't think this is the case, but before we totally remove each from the data model we should search around the code base and
>> see if anything is referring to them.
>
> I already checked for taxVatCode will do the 2 others as well
>
> Jacques

About taxCategory, it seems straightforward but should we keep ? (I don't think so but I check...) :
SimpleSalesTaxLookup anr related
TaxRateServices.xml and related definitions
data related in eCommerce, POS, etc.
More annoying maybe is TaxwareUTL.addItem ?

Please guys answer today (8 or 9 hours remain at my clock), before I lost the search results (It's a pity you can't save them in
Eclipse >:/)

Jacques

>> -David
>>

>> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>> In http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-VAT-vs-Sales-Tax-again-and-again-p15313132.html
>>> Christian proposed to remove the field taxVatCode from UI
>>>
>>> I'd like to remove fields    taxCategory
>>>    taxVatCode
>>>    taxDutyCode
>>> not only from UI but completly from OFBiz. They are no longer used for years now.
>>>
>>> WDYT ?
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: taxVatCode

Done in revision: 690360. Nothing should be harmful

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>