transaction timeouts for service-multi

Si Chen-2
Hi all -

Peter Goron pointed out something which I remembered from a while ago
as well.  Basically, "service-multi" in the controller creates a
transaction around all of the service calls but sets the default
timeout of 60 seconds, which cannot be configured any other way.
See: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-201

One solution, which Peter suggested, is to set the time-out to be
rowCount * timeout for the service.  Another solution, which I though
made sense, was simply not to have a transaction around all the
services calls, since each service already had its own transaction.
This, however, would mean that each row could succeed or fail on its
own.

The subtle issue is then should all the service calls be wrapped in
one big transaction, so all the rows fail and succeed together?  For
example, if you use service-multi to create several products, and one
of the products failed, should the others succeed?

Si