two questions about order entry

Si Chen-2
Hello.

We have two questions about order entry:

1.  Why are the payment methods manually listed on billsettings.ftl,
instead of gotten from Product Store's payment methods list?  Would it
be better to get it from the payment methods list?

2.  What is the best way to support CVV numbers during order manager
order entry?  Should it be saved in the session only?  I remembered Andy
Z. saying a long time ago that it should not be stored in database.
What if it's stored and encrypted?

Si

Re: two questions about order entry

Si,

I don't know for the 1st question but for the second I'm quite sure that this is worldwide legally forbidden (storing CVV numbers
permanently
even encrypted or any)

Jacques

> Hello.
>
> We have two questions about order entry:
>
> 1.  Why are the payment methods manually listed on billsettings.ftl,
> instead of gotten from Product Store's payment methods list?  Would it
> be better to get it from the payment methods list?
>
> 2.  What is the best way to support CVV numbers during order manager
> order entry?  Should it be saved in the session only?  I remembered Andy
> Z. saying a long time ago that it should not be stored in database.
> What if it's stored and encrypted?
>
> Si

Re: two questions about order entry

David E Jones

On Feb 2, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Si Chen wrote:

> Hello.
>
> We have two questions about order entry:
>
> 1.  Why are the payment methods manually listed on
> billsettings.ftl, instead of gotten from Product Store's payment
> methods list?  Would it be better to get it from the payment
> methods list?

It probably would be better so CSRs and the like don't use something
that isn't configured on the store, resulting in errors and such.

> 2.  What is the best way to support CVV numbers during order
> manager order entry?  Should it be saved in the session only?  I
> remembered Andy Z. saying a long time ago that it should not be
> stored in database.  What if it's stored and encrypted?

The rule is it can't be persisted outside the scope of the
transaction. There is a note about this in a comment in the
entitymodel file.

David E. Jones wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Si Chen wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> We have two questions about order entry:
>>
>> 1.  Why are the payment methods manually listed on billsettings.ftl,
>> instead of gotten from Product Store's payment methods list?  Would
>> it be better to get it from the payment methods list?
> It probably would be better so CSRs and the like don't use something
> that isn't configured on the store, resulting in errors and such.

So what if additional methods of payment, like Paypal, etc. are required?
>> 2.  What is the best way to support CVV numbers during order manager
>> order entry?  Should it be saved in the session only?  I remembered
>> Andy Z. saying a long time ago that it should not be stored in
>> database.  What if it's stored and encrypted?
>
> The rule is it can't be persisted outside the scope of the
> transaction. There is a note about this in a comment in the
> entitymodel file.

That's what I thought.  So is the right way to put it into the session
and call authOrderPayment with it?

Si Chen wrote:

> David E. Jones wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 2, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Si Chen wrote:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> We have two questions about order entry:
>>>
>>> 1.  Why are the payment methods manually listed on billsettings.ftl,
>>> instead of gotten from Product Store's payment methods list?  Would
>>> it be better to get it from the payment methods list?
>> It probably would be better so CSRs and the like don't use something
>> that isn't configured on the store, resulting in errors and such.

>> Sorry, David, I misunderstood your response.  I'm not suggesting we
>> just get a list of all the PaymentMethodTypes, but I was wondering if
>> it would be better to get it from ProductStore Paymentsettings?

Si

Re: two questions about order entry

Andrew Sykes
Si,

You should be able to find out more here...
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/index.htm

- Andrew

--
Kind Regards