view-entity column seperator

BJ Freeman
is there a way in the view-entity to define a column separator and if
they are quoted?

so you would have
"ProductID", "thruDate"
"Widget","2008-09-11 12:03:58"

Re: view-entity column seperator

David E Jones

What do those have to do with a view-entity?

-David

On Sep 11, 2008, at 1:14 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> is there a way in the view-entity to define a column separator and if
> they are quoted?
>
> so you would have
> "ProductID", "thruDate"
> "Widget","2008-09-11 12:03:58"

Re: view-entity column seperator

BJ Freeman
so your saying indirectly that formating is done outside the view entity.

David E Jones sent the following on 9/11/2008 12:18 PM:

> What do those have to do with a view-entity?
>
> -David
>

> On Sep 11, 2008, at 1:14 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> is there a way in the view-entity to define a column separator and if
>> they are quoted?
>>
>> so you would have
>> "ProductID", "thruDate"
>> "Widget","2008-09-11 12:03:58"

Re: view-entity column seperator

I think you speak about the rendering in Webtools entity maint.
There was a column separator before but I believe it has gone since we use CSS style

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>

> so your saying indirectly that formating is done outside the view entity.
>

> David E Jones sent the following on 9/11/2008 12:18 PM:
>>
>> What do those have to do with a view-entity?
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Sep 11, 2008, at 1:14 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>>
>>> is there a way in the view-entity to define a column separator and if
>>> they are quoted?
>>>
>>> so you would have
>>> "ProductID", "thruDate"
>>> "Widget","2008-09-11 12:03:58"

Re: view-entity column seperator

BJ Freeman
actually it was one of my senior moments when I said to myself.
Just since this is a view type it must have formatting.
:)
I created  method to format
CSV, Tab are the two so far.
so I am happy.
:)

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 9/11/2008 2:11 PM: