web site: sourceforge logo?

davidnwelton
Is there a reason to keep the sourceforge logo around on the web site?

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: web site: sourceforge logo?

David E Jones-2

I guess the java.net logo has the same issue...

We've kept these around because we do still have accounts on sf.net
and java.net because ofbiz was previously hosted on both of them.

Is there any policy about removing such things, ie either the logos/
links or the actual projects? It might be a good idea to clean up
these old accounts, ie get rid of them...

-David

On Sep 11, 2006, at 5:35 AM, David Welton wrote:

> Is there a reason to keep the sourceforge logo around on the web site?
>
> --
> David N. Welton
> - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/
>
> Linux, Open Source Consulting
> - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: web site: sourceforge logo?

davidnwelton
> We've kept these around because we do still have accounts on sf.net
> and java.net because ofbiz was previously hosted on both of them.

The java.net one doesn't link anywhere specific.  Were it me, I think
I would eliminate it just to reduce clutter.  The SF one in
particular, though, links to the project, which might lead some people
astray...

> Is there any policy about removing such things, ie either the logos/
> links or the actual projects? It might be a good idea to clean up
> these old accounts, ie get rid of them...

I don't think they're really a problem - I'd just put prominent links
on both to the current location of OFBiz, and perhaps shut down those
portions of their services that they allow you to.

 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: web site: sourceforge logo?

David E Jones-2

Thanks for your feedback on this David. We hadn't even posted news
entries on sf.net or java.net about the ASF move, but that is now fixed.

I updated the web site pages to remove the header links and just
include side bar links on the home page and make it clear that they
are old listings. Hopefully now if anyone finds OFBiz through sf.net
or java.net it will push them to the ASF ofbiz site, and for now the
incubator status page as well.

I have removed or disabled most of the resources on the sf.net and
java.net sites, but the java.net site project edit page seems to be
bugging out now, so I'll play with that later.

The information there is fairly simple, but if anyone has a chance to
take a look at it I'd appreciate feedback or notice of anything
that's wrong or a bit dumb... ;)

-David

On Sep 11, 2006, at 10:56 AM, David Welton wrote:

>> We've kept these around because we do still have accounts on sf.net
>> and java.net because ofbiz was previously hosted on both of them.
>
> The java.net one doesn't link anywhere specific.  Were it me, I think
> I would eliminate it just to reduce clutter.  The SF one in
> particular, though, links to the project, which might lead some people
> astray...
>
>> Is there any policy about removing such things, ie either the logos/
>> links or the actual projects? It might be a good idea to clean up
>> these old accounts, ie get rid of them...
>
> I don't think they're really a problem - I'd just put prominent links
> on both to the current location of OFBiz, and perhaps shut down those
> portions of their services that they allow you to.
>
> --
> David N. Welton
> - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/
>
> Linux, Open Source Consulting
> - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: web site: sourceforge logo?

Maybe we could create an "Old Stuffs" boxe to group together all these old stuffs ?

Jacques

> Thanks for your feedback on this David. We hadn't even posted news
> entries on sf.net or java.net about the ASF move, but that is now fixed.
>
> I updated the web site pages to remove the header links and just
> include side bar links on the home page and make it clear that they
> are old listings. Hopefully now if anyone finds OFBiz through sf.net
> or java.net it will push them to the ASF ofbiz site, and for now the
> incubator status page as well.
>
> I have removed or disabled most of the resources on the sf.net and
> java.net sites, but the java.net site project edit page seems to be
> bugging out now, so I'll play with that later.
>
> The information there is fairly simple, but if anyone has a chance to
> take a look at it I'd appreciate feedback or notice of anything
> that's wrong or a bit dumb... ;)
>
> -David
>

> On Sep 11, 2006, at 10:56 AM, David Welton wrote:
>
> >> We've kept these around because we do still have accounts on sf.net
> >> and java.net because ofbiz was previously hosted on both of them.
> >
> > The java.net one doesn't link anywhere specific.  Were it me, I think
> > I would eliminate it just to reduce clutter.  The SF one in
> > particular, though, links to the project, which might lead some people
> > astray...
> >
> >> Is there any policy about removing such things, ie either the logos/
> >> links or the actual projects? It might be a good idea to clean up
> >> these old accounts, ie get rid of them...
> >
> > I don't think they're really a problem - I'd just put prominent links
> > on both to the current location of OFBiz, and perhaps shut down those
> > portions of their services that they allow you to.
> >
> > --
> > David N. Welton
> > - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/
> >
> > Linux, Open Source Consulting
> > - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: web site: sourceforge logo?

davidnwelton
> I updated the web site pages to remove the header links and just
> include side bar links on the home page and make it clear that they
> are old listings. Hopefully now if anyone finds OFBiz through sf.net
> or java.net it will push them to the ASF ofbiz site, and for now the
> incubator status page as well.

What with 200-some (*) odd links on the front page, were it me, I
think I would just erase them entirely.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/