what does updatePaymentApplicationDef do?

what does updatePaymentApplicationDef do?

Si Chen-2
Hans,

I'm looking through InvoiceServices.java and found this method
updatePaymentApplicationDef that you wrote.  Can you tell me what it
does?  Sorry it is very long, and I don't understand it.

My problem is this--whenever I quick ship an order where the
Orderheader has a billingAccountId, the billingAccountId gets stored
in the PaymentApplication for its invoice, regardless of whether
there is another paymentmethod on that PaymentApplication or not.  I
tracked it down in PaymentGatewayServices and it does not seem to be
doing it there.  So I wonder if perhaps this service might be
updating the PaymentApplication afterwards?

Si

Re: what does updatePaymentApplicationDef do?

Hans Bakker
Hi Si,

It stands for: update the payment application file and using the maximum
money amount (default) that is possible.

Currently it is taking the paymentamount and try to apply it EITHER to an
invoice(items) or billing account or taxGeoAuthority or other payment.

It is used in the invoice and payment menus. It has intensive error checking
and will create/update any existing payment applications.

as i wrote in a previous message it currently does not accept that a payment
is applied to both an invoice AND a billing account.
If a billing account is already there and an payment is applied to an invoice
it will even remove the billing account assignment.

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc