why do we use <platform-specific> tag for including FTL

why do we use <platform-specific> tag for including FTL

Jyotsna Rathore
Hi,
   I want to know why do we use  <platform-specific>  tag for including
FTL in screen widgets ?

Thanks & Regards
Jyotsna Rathore

Re: why do we use <platform-specific> tag for including FTL

Adrian Crum
The screen widgets are intended to be used on multiple platforms and
output to multiple rendering formats.

Freemarker templates are typically used for generating HTML, so they are
separated from "generic" widget code by putting them inside
platform-specific widget elements.

-Adrian