2 ofbiz instance accessing same database?

2 ofbiz instance accessing same database?

wt@teksavvy.com
Would any one know if the session information kept for a particular web browsing client is stored with the ofbiz instance or stored in the database.
I'd like to know if setting up multiple servers each running an instance of ofbiz(for load balancing purpose) is possible.
If session info is stored in database, please let me know where in the source code to start looking.

Re: 2 ofbiz instance accessing same database?

BJ Freeman
some one else my jump in and correct me.
FWIK
THe session is stored in the context and that is what the code uses.
The Session ID is also stored in the Hit and and visit.
here is some code to help you
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk/framework/common/src/org/ofbiz/common/CommonEvents.java

Yin T sent the following on 2/26/2008 5:07 PM:
> Would any one know if the session information kept for a particular web
> browsing client is stored with the ofbiz instance or stored in the database.
> I'd like to know if setting up multiple servers each running an instance of
> ofbiz(for load balancing purpose) is possible.
> If session info is stored in database, please let me know where in the
> source code to start looking.

Re: 2 ofbiz instance accessing same database?

David E Jones

The session info is NOT in the database, but in memory on the app
server.

For clusters of app servers use and servlet container (like Tomcat,
included with OFBiz) that supports session replication.

-David

On Feb 26, 2008, at 6:07 PM, Yin T wrote:

> Would any one know if the session information kept for a particular
> web
> browsing client is stored with the ofbiz instance or stored in the
> database.
> I'd like to know if setting up multiple servers each running an
> instance of
> ofbiz(for load balancing purpose) is possible.
> If session info is stored in database, please let me know where in the
> source code to start looking.

Remote Printing

SkipDever
I am about to bring up an ofbiz instance where three stores will be
accessing a single server to write orders and print reports and the like.  I
have written printing routines using a modified pos routine.  However, I
would like to have the local browser be aware of what printers are available
on the local machine.

I can do this with a java applet, but I was hoping that someone had a better
scheme.

Skip
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:35 PM