2007 Users Conference?

Michael Jensen-5
I've been using ofbiz more and more recently and was wondering if there
will be another users conference this year.  Is there one planned?  Who
usually organizes/starts these conferences?

I regret not attending the conference last November but would love to go
if there was one in Utah again.

Mike

Re: 2007 Users Conference?

David E Jones

Just like everything else in OFBiz the users conferences have always
been sponsored/hosted by someone in the community. There are ApacheCon
events that it would be great for OFBiz community members (committers,
contributors, users, watchers, etc) to get more involved in those and
support these general ASF efforts.

On the other hand, given the scope and audience of OFBiz it seems like
there is a somewhat different set of people interested in attending
each event. In other words, we should probably continue having OFBiz-
specific user and developer (hack-a-thon) conferences.

On that note I have heard there are some people interesting in moving
this forward. At Hotwax we have considered doing another Developer's
Conference in the near future, and there are a couple of groups who
have expressed interest in doing a User's Conference, though probably
more like next spring.

If anyone would like to host something sooner, please volunteer! The
best place to get that conversation started is probably on the mailing
list, and I'm happy to chat on the phone with interested parties to
discuss what has been done in the past and what we recommend and such.

-David

On Nov 6, 2007, at 11:38 AM, Michael Jensen wrote:

> I've been using ofbiz more and more recently and was wondering if
> there
> will be another users conference this year.  Is there one planned?
> Who
> usually organizes/starts these conferences?
>
> I regret not attending the conference last November but would love
> to go
> if there was one in Utah again.
>
> Mike

Re: 2007 Users Conference?

Adrian Crum
I would like to attend another developers conference, and my employer may be willing to help sponsor
some of it.

-Adrian

David E Jones wrote:

> Just like everything else in OFBiz the users conferences have always
> been sponsored/hosted by someone in the community. There are ApacheCon
> events that it would be great for OFBiz community members (committers,
> contributors, users, watchers, etc) to get more involved in those and
> support these general ASF efforts.
>
> On the other hand, given the scope and audience of OFBiz it seems like
> there is a somewhat different set of people interested in attending
> each event. In other words, we should probably continue having OFBiz-
> specific user and developer (hack-a-thon) conferences.
>
> On that note I have heard there are some people interesting in moving
> this forward. At Hotwax we have considered doing another Developer's
> Conference in the near future, and there are a couple of groups who
> have expressed interest in doing a User's Conference, though probably
> more like next spring.
>
> If anyone would like to host something sooner, please volunteer! The
> best place to get that conversation started is probably on the mailing
> list, and I'm happy to chat on the phone with interested parties to
> discuss what has been done in the past and what we recommend and such.
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 6, 2007, at 11:38 AM, Michael Jensen wrote:
>
>> I've been using ofbiz more and more recently and was wondering if  there
>> will be another users conference this year.  Is there one planned?   Who
>> usually organizes/starts these conferences?
>>
>> I regret not attending the conference last November but would love  to go
>> if there was one in Utah again.
>>
>> Mike

RE: 2007 Users Conference?

CaseT
I would definitely attend such a conference and my employer would pay for
it!