2008 Developer's Conference?

Adrian Crum-2
I'd like to see us have another developer's conference this year!

The last one was in March 2007, and March 2008 works for me. I've dusted off my thermal underwear and snowshoes and I'm ready for another trek to Utah. Is there anyone else interested?

My employer is willing to help sponsor the conference.

OFBiz has gained tremendous ground in the last year, and I think this is an ideal time to map out more strategies for the future.

What do you think?

-Adrian

---------------------------------
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

Re: 2008 Developer's Conference?

Tim Ruppert
Adrian, I totally agree about the developer's conference last year and
the impact that it had on getting people up to speed.  I don't think
that March will work for me personally.  In the meantime I'm working
with Contegix to try and ensure that we have a user's conference this
year to help spur more adoption from the other angle.

Make sure you save some time for that as well!

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Jan 27, 2008, at 10:29 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> I'd like to see us have another developer's conference this year!
>
> The last one was in March 2007, and March 2008 works for me. I've
> dusted off my thermal underwear and snowshoes and I'm ready for
> another trek to Utah. Is there anyone else interested?
>
> My employer is willing to help sponsor the conference.
>
> OFBiz has gained tremendous ground in the last year, and I think
> this is an ideal time to map out more strategies for the future.
>
> What do you think?
>
> -Adrian
>

> ---------------------------------
> Try it now.

Re: 2008 Developer's Conference?

David E Jones

I'd love to do another Developers Conference. It was great to
collaborate face to face with so many people and move along certain
important parts of the project.

How to do it is another question.... My place in Ephraim wouldn't be
available any more as the building is now mostly remodeled and is full
of tenants. If Hotwax were to organize it we would probably hold it in
Salt Lake City, and I'm up here most of the week now anyway.

Another thing for this would be more of a focus on collaboration, and
perhaps limiting to some extent who is allowed to attend, and how much
certain people (like myself) are expected to be involved. That was a
great week last time, but a very long one for me and certain others!

In any case... I guess the big question now is how interested are
people in this? The costs would certainly be higher here in Salt Lake
because of higher hotel rates (unless we keep it to a weekend or
something) and higher meeting room costs as well. Of course, we'll
have far more dining options and a wider range of bowling alleys to
choose from... ;)

Would people be willing to pay something more like $500 (and possibly
more, dunno yet) for a week like this (not including food/lodging, but
including some snacks/water/etc)? If we have a hotel cater meals and
snacks we can probably get the room for free (though that limits our
food options which I and many others probably wouldn't like!).

Anyway, thanks for bringing this up Adrian. For others interested,
please speak up! I'm not sure how/if it will happen, but it's
certainly a possibility and is certainly of value as a way to
collaborate in a more concentrated, rapid, personal way.

-David

On Jan 27, 2008, at 10:29 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> I'd like to see us have another developer's conference this year!
>
> The last one was in March 2007, and March 2008 works for me. I've
> dusted off my thermal underwear and snowshoes and I'm ready for
> another trek to Utah. Is there anyone else interested?
>
> My employer is willing to help sponsor the conference.
>
> OFBiz has gained tremendous ground in the last year, and I think
> this is an ideal time to map out more strategies for the future.
>
> What do you think?
>
> -Adrian
>

> ---------------------------------
> Try it now.

Re: 2008 Developer's Conference?

Adrian Crum-2
David,

Thanks for the info!

A weekend sounds great! Maybe that is a better idea. Let's try to keep it affordable.

-Adrian

---------------------------------
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

Re: 2008 Developer's Conference?

Tim Ruppert
Yeah - we can also use HotWax offices to help with some of the meeting
rooms.  If we do it after April 30 there will potentially be more
space as well.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Jan 27, 2008, at 11:25 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> David,
>
> Thanks for the info!
>
> A weekend sounds great! Maybe that is a better idea. Let's try to
> keep it affordable.
>
> -Adrian
>
> David E Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd love to do another Developers Conference. It was great to
> collaborate face to face with so many people and move along certain
> important parts of the project.
>
> How to do it is another question.... My place in Ephraim wouldn't be
> available any more as the building is now mostly remodeled and is full
> of tenants. If Hotwax were to organize it we would probably hold it in
> Salt Lake City, and I'm up here most of the week now anyway.
>
> Another thing for this would be more of a focus on collaboration, and
> perhaps limiting to some extent who is allowed to attend, and how much
> certain people (like myself) are expected to be involved. That was a
> great week last time, but a very long one for me and certain others!
>
> In any case... I guess the big question now is how interested are
> people in this? The costs would certainly be higher here in Salt Lake
> because of higher hotel rates (unless we keep it to a weekend or
> something) and higher meeting room costs as well. Of course, we'll
> have far more dining options and a wider range of bowling alleys to
> choose from... ;)
>
> Would people be willing to pay something more like $500 (and possibly
> more, dunno yet) for a week like this (not including food/lodging, but
> including some snacks/water/etc)? If we have a hotel cater meals and
> snacks we can probably get the room for free (though that limits our
> food options which I and many others probably wouldn't like!).
>
> Anyway, thanks for bringing this up Adrian. For others interested,
> please speak up! I'm not sure how/if it will happen, but it's
> certainly a possibility and is certainly of value as a way to
> collaborate in a more concentrated, rapid, personal way.
>
> -David
>

> On Jan 27, 2008, at 10:29 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:
>
>> I'd like to see us have another developer's conference this year!
>>
>> The last one was in March 2007, and March 2008 works for me. I've
>> dusted off my thermal underwear and snowshoes and I'm ready for
>> another trek to Utah. Is there anyone else interested?
>>
>> My employer is willing to help sponsor the conference.
>>
>> OFBiz has gained tremendous ground in the last year, and I think
>> this is an ideal time to map out more strategies for the future.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> -Adrian
>>

>> ---------------------------------
>> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
>> Try it now.
>

> ---------------------------------
> Try it now.

What Are The 4 Points of Personality Development

manavir
Personality development is a multifaceted and complex process, and it can be difficult to distill it down to just four points. However, I can provide a simplified overview of four key points that are often considered fundamental to understanding personality development:
PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT CLASSES IN PUNE
Nature and Nurture: Personality development is influenced by both genetic and environmental factors. Nature refers to the genetic and innate aspects of personality, while nurture encompasses the environmental influences, including family, culture, society, and life experiences. The interplay between nature and nurture is essential in shaping an individual's personality.

Stages of Development: Personality development occurs in stages across the lifespan. Different theorists have proposed various stage theories, such as Erik Erikson's psychosocial stages and Jean Piaget's cognitive development stages. These stages represent critical periods of development where individuals face specific challenges and opportunities for growth that contribute to their personality.

Socialization: Socialization is the process by which individuals learn and internalize the norms, values, beliefs, and behaviors of their culture and society. It plays a significant role in personality development as individuals acquire their identity and sense of self through interactions with family, peers, schools, and other social institutions.
PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT COURSE IN PUNE
Individual Differences: Personality development results in unique and individual differences among people. These differences are often categorized using personality traits or dimensions. The most well-known framework for understanding individual differences in personality is the "Big Five" model, which includes five broad dimensions: extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, neuroticism, and openness to experience. These traits vary from person to person and can influence behavior, thoughts, and feelings.

While these four points provide a simplified overview of personality development, it's important to recognize that personality is a multidimensional and dynamic construct influenced by a wide range of factors. Researchers and psychologists use more comprehensive models and theories to understand the complexities of personality development fully.PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT TRAINING IN PUNE