Accepting POs as a payment method, Some help and guidance please

Accepting POs as a payment method, Some help and guidance please

Rebeccah Coulter
Hello,

I am hoping someone can offer some advice and direction.

I have seen that there is a place on the Sales Order: Order option
Settings to store a Customer PO number. However, I don't know if there
is any business logic built in to handle accepting customer purchase
orders.

I was wondering how everyone else is dealing with accepting customer
purchase orders. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Rebeccah

Re: Accepting POs as a payment method, Some help and guidance please

David E Jones

When a customer sends you a purchase order it is a PO for them, but a
sales order for you. So, you would enter it as a sales order.

-David

On Feb 26, 2007, at 7:18 PM, Rebeccah Coulter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am hoping someone can offer some advice and direction.
>
> I have seen that there is a place on the Sales Order: Order option
> Settings to store a Customer PO number. However, I don't know if there
> is any business logic built in to handle accepting customer purchase
> orders.
>
> I was wondering how everyone else is dealing with accepting customer
> purchase orders. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Rebeccah

RE: Accepting POs as a payment method, Some help and guidance please

Rebeccah Coulter
David,

Thank you so much for your reply! I am sorry I wasn't more clear, it is
late and I was rushing to get it out tonight.

I understand that it is a sales order for me, however I still need to
track it differently than other sales orders in a few ways.

For one thing, the customer purchase order is almost a payment method.
The sales order should consider itself paid when a customer PO# is
accepted, however the invoice should remain open waiting for the real
payment to follow within the terms of the customer PO.

I suppose this means that customer POs aren't already implemented in
ofbiz like this, and we will have to build it.

Again, thank you for taking the time to assist me,
Rebeccah

Rick F.
Rebeccah,

  I have set up a customer "billing account" to handle the acceptance of po's for our open account customers. You can associate several billing accounts to a single customer(party) and then associate a billing account as a payment method in the sales order.

  When payment for the po(invoice) is recieved, it can be posted to the billing account.

  Rick

Rebeccah Coulter <[hidden email]> wrote:
  David,

Thank you so much for your reply! I am sorry I wasn't more clear, it is
late and I was rushing to get it out tonight.

I understand that it is a sales order for me, however I still need to
track it differently than other sales orders in a few ways.

For one thing, the customer purchase order is almost a payment method.
The sales order should consider itself paid when a customer PO# is
accepted, however the invoice should remain open waiting for the real
payment to follow within the terms of the customer PO.

I suppose this means that customer POs aren't already implemented in
ofbiz like this, and we will have to build it.

Again, thank you for taking the time to assist me,
Rebeccah

Rick,

Thank you for this response. This may be the easiest solution to implement.

I will discuss this possibility in the morning. I do appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.