Accessing non ofbiz component url targets within ofbiz links

Accessing non ofbiz component url targets within ofbiz links

ian tabangay
Im not sure if this has been tried (or if it is even proper) before in
ofbiz. I got a normal WAR file (ones typically deployed on tomcat in the
webapp directory) and made it as one of the components in ofbiz. It works
flawlessly as it is. What I wanted to do was to put a link from my ofbiz
component to access a page in that WAR file. The easiest way that i can
think of is to set the target of the link with the complete url (something
like *https://localhost/mywar/myaction?params=123*) and it would work. But
this would be problematic later on when my domain isnt on localhost anymore.
So i set the target without the domain (something like *
mywar/myaction?params=123*) but my problem is that ofbiz always appends *
control/* to the url (resulting to* https://localhost/control/**
mywar/myaction?params=123*) giving me the incorrect url. I also tried
putting it in my controller.xml and it produced the same problem. Any idea
how I could solve this problem? thanks alot!

~ ian

Re: Accessing non ofbiz component url targets within ofbiz links

Did you try to look for war in nabble ?

Jacques

From: "ian tabangay" <[hidden email]>

> Im not sure if this has been tried (or if it is even proper) before in
> ofbiz. I got a normal WAR file (ones typically deployed on tomcat in the
> webapp directory) and made it as one of the components in ofbiz. It works
> flawlessly as it is. What I wanted to do was to put a link from my ofbiz
> component to access a page in that WAR file. The easiest way that i can
> think of is to set the target of the link with the complete url (something
> like *https://localhost/mywar/myaction?params=123*) and it would work. But
> this would be problematic later on when my domain isnt on localhost anymore.
> So i set the target without the domain (something like *
> mywar/myaction?params=123*) but my problem is that ofbiz always appends *
> control/* to the url (resulting to* https://localhost/control/**
> mywar/myaction?params=123*) giving me the incorrect url. I also tried
> putting it in my controller.xml and it produced the same problem. Any idea
> how I could solve this problem? thanks alot!
>

> ~ ian

Re: Accessing non ofbiz component url targets within ofbiz links

ian tabangay
Yes but it mostly returned forums about deploying ofbiz in as a war/ear.
Thats not really my concern. My problem is how to set a link targeted to
ofbiz but does not have a prefix of /control/.

~ ian

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did you try to look for war in nabble ?
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "ian tabangay" <[hidden email]>
>
>  Im not sure if this has been tried (or if it is even proper) before in
>> ofbiz. I got a normal WAR file (ones typically deployed on tomcat in the
>> webapp directory) and made it as one of the components in ofbiz. It works
>> flawlessly as it is. What I wanted to do was to put a link from my ofbiz
>> component to access a page in that WAR file. The easiest way that i can
>> think of is to set the target of the link with the complete url (something
>> like *https://localhost/mywar/myaction?params=123*) and it would work.
>> But
>> this would be problematic later on when my domain isnt on localhost
>> anymore.
>> So i set the target without the domain (something like *
>> mywar/myaction?params=123*) but my problem is that ofbiz always appends *
>> control/* to the url (resulting to* https://localhost/control/**
>> mywar/myaction?params=123*) giving me the incorrect url. I also tried
>> putting it in my controller.xml and it produced the same problem. Any idea
>> how I could solve this problem? thanks alot!
>>

>> ~ ian

Re: Accessing non ofbiz component url targets within ofbiz links

BJ Freeman
\control is an integrated way in ofbiz to handle requests.
there was some discussion about this in 2003.
there is no way around it if your using the framework/webapp in ofbiz
(OOTB).
you would have to modify code to over ride this approach.

Note: not sure if you just using it as an example or if you have your
https set to 443, but you url is missing the port for ofbiz 8443

ian tabangay sent the following on 8/11/2008 5:07 PM:

> Yes but it mostly returned forums about deploying ofbiz in as a war/ear.
> Thats not really my concern. My problem is how to set a link targeted to
> ofbiz but does not have a prefix of /control/.
>
> ~ ian
>
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Did you try to look for war in nabble ?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "ian tabangay" <[hidden email]>
>>
>>  Im not sure if this has been tried (or if it is even proper) before in
>>> ofbiz. I got a normal WAR file (ones typically deployed on tomcat in the
>>> webapp directory) and made it as one of the components in ofbiz. It works
>>> flawlessly as it is. What I wanted to do was to put a link from my ofbiz
>>> component to access a page in that WAR file. The easiest way that i can
>>> think of is to set the target of the link with the complete url (something
>>> like *https://localhost/mywar/myaction?params=123*) and it would work.
>>> But
>>> this would be problematic later on when my domain isnt on localhost
>>> anymore.
>>> So i set the target without the domain (something like *
>>> mywar/myaction?params=123*) but my problem is that ofbiz always appends *
>>> control/* to the url (resulting to* https://localhost/control/**
>>> mywar/myaction?params=123*) giving me the incorrect url. I also tried
>>> putting it in my controller.xml and it produced the same problem. Any idea
>>> how I could solve this problem? thanks alot!
>>>

>>> ~ ian

Re: Accessing non ofbiz component url targets within ofbiz links

ian tabangay
Solved it! Its a work around. The set the deployed war application's
mounting point with /control/ at the beginning.

BJ, Ive set my ports to 443 already. Thanks.

~ ian

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 9:41 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> \control is an integrated way in ofbiz to handle requests.
> there was some discussion about this in 2003.
> there is no way around it if your using the framework/webapp in ofbiz
> (OOTB).
> you would have to modify code to over ride this approach.
>
> Note: not sure if you just using it as an example or if you have your
> https set to 443, but you url is missing the port for ofbiz 8443
>
> ian tabangay sent the following on 8/11/2008 5:07 PM:
> > Yes but it mostly returned forums about deploying ofbiz in as a war/ear.
> > Thats not really my concern. My problem is how to set a link targeted to
> > ofbiz but does not have a prefix of /control/.
> >
> > ~ ian
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Did you try to look for war in nabble ?
> >>
> >> Jacques
> >>
> >> From: "ian tabangay" <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >>  Im not sure if this has been tried (or if it is even proper) before in
> the
> works
> ofbiz
> (something
> *
> idea

Re: Accessing non ofbiz component url targets within ofbiz links

BJ Freeman
great do you want to put that in the FAQ tips and tricks?

ian tabangay sent the following on 8/11/2008 7:16 PM: