Accounts - Purchase Invoice

Rees Watkins
Hi

I have been studying the accounts closely because I need to implement VAT amongst other things.

We seem to be setting the incorrect type ( invoice_item_type ) into a field that requires ( gl_account_type )

in the set statement <set field="debitEntry.glAccountTypeId" from-field="invoiceItem.invoiceItemTypeId"/> found in <simple-method method-name="createAcctgTransForPurchaseInvoice" > in file GeneralledgerService.xml

This means that the value will always default in <simple-method method-name="getGlAccountFromAccountType" short-description="Look up a GlAccountId from GlAccountTypeId"> to UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT for a purchase order.

From the user perspective:
When adding a new item to a purchase invoice the user can select an Invoice Item Type.
I do not think the user choice has any effect on the accounts. I think no matter what selection is made the result for the accounts is an entry in UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT.

Is this intentional? I am not currently able to suggest a solution but feel it would be better to set the field to UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT directly..

Kind regards
Rees

Re: Accounts - Purchase Invoice

Jacques Le Roux-2
Quick and late answer. Yes this seems intentional. I'm not sure it will help but you could have a look at AutoAcctgTransTests.xml

Jacques

Re: Accounts - Purchase Invoice

Bilgin Ibryam
Hi Rees,
inline
Rees Watkins wrote
Hi

I have been studying the accounts closely because I need to implement VAT amongst other things.

We seem to be setting the incorrect type (  invoice_item_type) into a field that requires ( gl_account_type )
I agree. Setting invoice_item_type in gl_account_type field seems meaningless as they are different values. That's why searching on ProductCategoryGlAccount and ProducGlAccount doesn't give results.
From all this, I think assigning glAccounts to products or categories is not working .

Rees Watkins wrote
in the set statement <set field="debitEntry.glAccountTypeId" from-field="invoiceItem.invoiceItemTypeId"/> found in <simple-method method-name="createAcctgTransForPurchaseInvoice" > in file GeneralledgerService.xml

This means that the value will always default in <simple-method method-name="getGlAccountFromAccountType" short-description="Look up a GlAccountId from GlAccountTypeId"> to UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT for a purchase order.

From the user perspective:
When adding a new item to a purchase invoice the user can select an Invoice Item Type.
I do not think the user choice has any effect on the accounts. I think no matter what selection is made the result for the accounts is an entry in UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT.

Is this intentional? I am not currently able to suggest a solution but feel it would be better to set the field to UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT directly..
One solution could be to find defaultGlAccountId of the invoiceItemTypeId, and then use its glAccountTypeId instead of invoiceItemTypeId.

Bilgin