Advice on what would be easier...

CaseT
Hi,

Being fairly new to OFBiz, I need some advice on what would be easier to
undertake.

1. Change the backend of ofbiz to include feature prices (for variant
products) in the total product cost.
                                (i.e. virtual product base price +
feature1price+feature2price=Total Price). The virtual/variant backend
provides a mechanism to create the correct product id but it doesn't add in
the feature price even though when entering a feature there is  a field to
enter a price.
2. Change the backend of ofbiz to change the product id  (for
configured products) to include component product ids.
a. (i.e. 9522-AT35-IL82-S-US). Configuration adds in the prices of each
component but only shows the product id to be a 9522.

I need the full product id with the total price.

Thus one of the changes above is required to launch the Production ofbiz
version for the company by the end of December.

The sharing of your ofbiz wisdom and experience is greatly appreciated, Case

Case Torres

Re: Advice on what would be easier...

BJ Freeman
first I am not sure the options you suggest are correct, only from
unfamiliarity.

just to comment on what I know.
so you build the id,(i.e. 9522-AT35-IL82-S-US), how will you find it in
the product search. or when you click on the order to follow up.
believe each feature should be on line in the order.
and an configuration ID could be (i.e. 9522-AT35-IL82-S-US)

https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/ViewRelations?entityName=ProductFeatureAppl

https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=ProductFeature
there is a defaultAmount wich may be the one you talking about.
This I believe was suppose to be filled by the costing module.

I have not found code to apply the defaultAmount
I am guessing that
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=CostComponent
will be used to calculate you cost.

basically I see the Cart showing the Main product with the features
listed below and their price. this is then show in the total.

a quick glance thru the code shows little or not coding to support
pricing of the features, except in invoicing.

so this effects both #1 and #2.

Case Torres sent the following on 11/26/2007 3:24 PM:

> Hi,
>
> Being fairly new to OFBiz, I need some advice on what would be easier to
> undertake.
>
> 1. Change the backend of ofbiz to include feature prices (for variant
> products) in the total product cost.
> (i.e. virtual product base price +
> feature1price+feature2price=Total Price). The virtual/variant backend
> provides a mechanism to create the correct product id but it doesn't add in
> the feature price even though when entering a feature there is  a field to
> enter a price.
> 2. Change the backend of ofbiz to change the product id  (for
> configured products) to include component product ids.
> a. (i.e. 9522-AT35-IL82-S-US). Configuration adds in the prices of each
> component but only shows the product id to be a 9522.
>
> I need the full product id with the total price.
>
> Thus one of the changes above is required to launch the Production ofbiz
> version for the company by the end of December.
>
> The sharing of your ofbiz wisdom and experience is greatly appreciated, Case
>
> Case Torres

Re: Advice on what would be easier...

I'm only sure of one thing : you can set the price of a variants and it overrides the price of the virtual (if any) which else is
the default price.
I agree that this is a bit a pain since it's a manual process that may be done automatically the way you explain below.

I think you should create two separate Jira issue, one for each point.
This does not mean that someone will do the job for you for free but maybe these issues will interest some other persons. In any
cases patches are welcome....

De : "Case Torres" <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> Being fairly new to OFBiz, I need some advice on what would be easier to
> undertake.
>
> 1. Change the backend of ofbiz to include feature prices (for variant
> products) in the total product cost.
> (i.e. virtual product base price +
> feature1price+feature2price=Total Price). The virtual/variant backend
> provides a mechanism to create the correct product id but it doesn't add in
> the feature price even though when entering a feature there is  a field to
> enter a price.
> 2. Change the backend of ofbiz to change the product id  (for
> configured products) to include component product ids.
> a. (i.e. 9522-AT35-IL82-S-US). Configuration adds in the prices of each
> component but only shows the product id to be a 9522.
>
> I need the full product id with the total price.
>
> Thus one of the changes above is required to launch the Production ofbiz
> version for the company by the end of December.
>
> The sharing of your ofbiz wisdom and experience is greatly appreciated, Case
>
> Case Torres

RE: Advice on what would be easier...

CaseT

For a configurable product:
For search to be able to find the product, I would need to (during the
ordering process) 1. search the db for the newly configured product id then
2. if not found, treat the configured product as a "new" product and
populate the db with it using the newly created configured product id.

For variants:
Yes the default price is the field I was referring to that is evidently not
being used. I'm thinking it was intended for such but was never implemented.

Thanks much for the code geography pointers!! It usually takes me quite a
while to find what I need :-{.
As you suggested, I'll take a look at costing module.

Many thanks,

Case Torres