Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Hans Bakker
Interest for co-operation?

We are looking here using vaadin (http://vaadin.com/) as user interface
for OFBIz using existing OFBiz screens and forms

we have a proof of concept working here and are preparing a vadinDemo
component for others to try.
  We implemented it creating an FTL macrolibrary generating Vaadin
instead of HTML statements.

Please let me know here, if there is interest helping to implement this.

The license of Vaadin is in general Apache 2.0 or compatible.

Hans Bakker
CEO, http://antwebsystems.com

Re: Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Hi Hans,

I'm not interested in helping to implement (rather not enough spare time) but that could be contributed as a component I guess.

Could it be a plugins or does it need to be in framework? What would be the entailments for framework changes?

Le 07/08/2017 à 10:08, Hans Bakker a écrit :

> Interest for co-operation?
>
> We are looking here using vaadin (http://vaadin.com/) as user interface for OFBIz using existing OFBiz screens and forms
>
> we have a proof of concept working here and are preparing a vadinDemo component for others to try.
>  We implemented it creating an FTL macrolibrary generating Vaadin instead of HTML statements.
>
> Please let me know here, if there is interest helping to implement this.
>
> The license of Vaadin is in general Apache 2.0 or compatible.

Re: Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Nicolas Malin-2
Hi Hans,

I don't planned to work on rewrite the flt macro but only on the common
theme precisely to help some improvement like this.

If you have few time, to check how you can create a new theme with
vaadin it's would be a good way to favorite the cooperation

Nicolas

Le 07/08/2017 à 10:08, Hans Bakker a écrit :

> Interest for co-operation?
>
> We are looking here using vaadin (http://vaadin.com/) as user
> interface for OFBIz using existing OFBiz screens and forms
>
> we have a proof of concept working here and are preparing a vadinDemo
> component for others to try.
>  We implemented it creating an FTL macrolibrary generating Vaadin
> instead of HTML statements.
>
> Please let me know here, if there is interest helping to implement this.
>
> The license of Vaadin is in general Apache 2.0 or compatible.

Re: Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Hans Bakker-2
Hi Jacques,

we currently create it as a plugin with some patches, but it would be
nice to integrate it in the framework, so it can be used by all components

regards,
Hans

On 08/08/17 20:10, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> I'm not interested in helping to implement (rather not enough spare
> time) but that could be contributed as a component I guess.
>
> Could it be a plugins or does it need to be in framework? What would be
> the entailments for framework changes?

> Le 07/08/2017 à 10:08, Hans Bakker a écrit :
>> Interest for co-operation?
>>
>> We are looking here using vaadin (http://vaadin.com/) as user
>> interface for OFBIz using existing OFBiz screens and forms
>>
>> we have a proof of concept working here and are preparing a vadinDemo
>> component for others to try.
>>  We implemented it creating an FTL macrolibrary generating Vaadin
>> instead of HTML statements.
>>
>> Please let me know here, if there is interest helping to implement this.
>>
>> The license of Vaadin is in general Apache 2.0 or compatible.

Re: Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Hi Hans,

I'd then suggest to have a look at the common-theme Nicolas recently introduced and how to use it with your Vaadin effort in order to not have to
change things in framework if possible

Please check https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9138

Le 19/09/2017 à 03:56, Hans Bakker a écrit :

> Hi Jacques,
>
> we currently create it as a plugin with some patches, but it would be nice to integrate it in the framework, so it can be used by all components
>
> regards,
> Hans
>
> On 08/08/17 20:10, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> I'm not interested in helping to implement (rather not enough spare time) but that could be contributed as a component I guess.
>>
>> Could it be a plugins or does it need to be in framework? What would be the entailments for framework changes?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 07/08/2017 à 10:08, Hans Bakker a écrit :
>>> Interest for co-operation?
>>>
>>> We are looking here using vaadin (http://vaadin.com/) as user interface for OFBIz using existing OFBiz screens and forms
>>>
>>> we have a proof of concept working here and are preparing a vadinDemo component for others to try.
>>>  We implemented it creating an FTL macrolibrary generating Vaadin instead of HTML statements.
>>>
>>> Please let me know here, if there is interest helping to implement this.
>>>
>>> The license of Vaadin is in general Apache 2.0 or compatible.

Re: Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Nicolas Malin-2
Hi Hans,

If it's too complicate for you to migrate your current works on the
common-theme structure, please open an issue with your current patch I
will check if it's possible to support it by common-theme or if the
framework need some improvement to realize that.

Cheers,

Nicolas

> Hi Hans,
>
> I'd then suggest to have a look at the common-theme Nicolas recently
> introduced and how to use it with your Vaadin effort in order to not
> have to change things in framework if possible
>
> Please check https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9138

> Le 19/09/2017 à 03:56, Hans Bakker a écrit :
>> Hi Jacques,
>>
>> we currently create it as a plugin with some patches, but it would be
>> nice to integrate it in the framework, so it can be used by all
>> components
>>
>> regards,
>> Hans
>>
>> On 08/08/17 20:10, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>> Hi Hans,
>>>
>>> I'm not interested in helping to implement (rather not enough spare
>>> time) but that could be contributed as a component I guess.
>>>
>>> Could it be a plugins or does it need to be in framework? What would
>>> be the entailments for framework changes?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Hans Bakker
hi Nicolas,

just back from a week being ill. Yes our people still working on it, and
yes your help is appreciated. We will create an issue with a component.

regards,
Hans

Hans Bakker
CEO, http://antwebsystems.com

Re: Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Hans Bakker
Hi Nicolas,

i created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9831 for you....

we are still working to improve the implementation.

if you have questions, let me know....

we can also provide write access to our git repository

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Hans

On 30/09/17 01:05, Nicolas Malin wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> If it's too complicate for you to migrate your current works on the
> common-theme structure, please open an issue with your current patch I
> will check if it's possible to support it by common-theme or if the
> framework need some improvement to realize that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas
>

> Le 19/09/2017 à 08:49, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> I'd then suggest to have a look at the common-theme Nicolas recently
>> introduced and how to use it with your Vaadin effort in order to not
>> have to change things in framework if possible
>>
>> Please check https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9138
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 19/09/2017 à 03:56, Hans Bakker a écrit :
>>> Hi Jacques,
>>>
>>> we currently create it as a plugin with some patches, but it would be
>>> nice to integrate it in the framework, so it can be used by all
>>> components
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Hans

Hans Bakker
CEO, http://antwebsystems.com

RE: Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Marek Mosiewicz
Hello everybody,

Concerning REALLY successful ERP there are currently some bad architectural descision taken
In each existing ERP :
1. Server side client rendering. I think there are existing technologies which enable client side logic. Java, Groovy, Scala each can be compiled to JS. That enables
Logic shared on server and client. Simple thing recalculation of total and taxes on invoice could be done on focus lost or even on typing in would be done on
Client. Client would have cache of data on server. It couled be done by Recalculation service which could be identical on server and client (Security), or client
change log and reactive/rule logic

CEO, http://antwebsystems.com

Re: Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Marek Mosiewicz
I'm sorry I accidentally send not finished message.

Concerning REALLY successful ERP there are currently some bad
architectural descision taken in my opinion

In each existing ERP :

- Server side client rendering. I think there are existing technologies
which enable client side logic. Java, Groovy, Scala each can be compiled
to JS. That enables Logic shared on server and client. Simple thing
recalculation of total and taxes on invoice could be done on focus lost
or even on typing in would be done on Client. Client would have cache of
data on server. It couled be done by Recalculation service which could
be identical on server and client (Security), or client change log and
reactive/rule logic

- Document oriented. No known open source ERP is document oriented.
OfBiz has Order creation service in java which could be considered
document orineted. But that should be for everyting. That simplifies
client, makes it faster to fetch data, makes it easier for EDI. There
could be also services for lines, but it should be possible to have it
only for alterations

- Application dictionary. AFAIK application dictionary used in
Compiere/Adempiere has IBM patent from 80's and should be now obsolate.
Application dictionary makes it feel ERP better than creating access
application. Compiere has one screen per table GUI AD, but it could be
done to tree and had full power of GUI toolkit

- Web technology I consider Polymer or DOJO 2. They feel almost like
desktop application

- DSL for appilcation dictionat. With Groovy or Scala you can create
nice DSL for describing AD. It could be e.g adding new field to

other module module as plugin

- Dynamic with optional static typing. Dynamic is great fo small
implementation vide plugins in Odoo. Same class could be gnereated (MDA)
for enterprise implementation (much more fatster) and for developers
(intelli sense). Groovy and scala has this feature.

- Command driven. It is rare for Java application to be command driven.
If services are implemented in static language commands aka ofbiz
services could be just annotated without any xml or dsl

- Standard commands for creating updateding deleteing should pass VO of
document. Currently it is nightmare to add field to entity at it
requires to change service paramters.

Is somebody interested to help me with creating prototype ?

Sincerly,

       Marek Mosiewicz

W dniu 2017-10-09 o 08:52, [hidden email] pisze:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Concerning REALLY successful ERP there are currently some bad
> architectural descision taken
>
> In each existing ERP :
>
>  1. Server side client rendering. I think there are existing
>     technologies which enable client side logic. Java, Groovy, Scala
>     each can be compiled to JS. That enables
>
> Logic shared on server and client. Simple thing recalculation of total
> and taxes on invoice could be done on focus lost or even on typing in
> would be done on
>
> Client. Client would have cache of data on server. It couled be done
> by Recalculation service which could be identical on server and client
> (Security), or client
>
> change log and reactive/rule logic

Julien NICOLAS
Hi Marek,

Not sure that your message fit to this topics and to this mailing list.

I suggest you to create a new topics in the [hidden email]

Regards,

Julien.