Anyone tried running ofbiz in a hosted tomcat, do we have documentations?

Anyone tried running ofbiz in a hosted tomcat, do we have documentations?

Ling Wang
Anyone has tried to run ofbiz in a hosted tomcat
server? Do we have documentation for it?

Thanks in advance.

Ling

re: Anyone tried running ofbiz in a hosted tomcat, do we have documentations?

Brad Plies
Ling,

Some have tried this in the past and found that it was rather difficult
to get OFBIZ to function within Tomcat without a lot of extra work.  I
believe the common problem was about CLASSPATH issues.  I personally
have been able to use various isolated OFBIZ components (Entity Engine,
Service Engine) within Tomcat without problem, but as for hosting all of
OFBIZ within Tomcat I wouldn't know.

Brad

> Anyone has tried to run ofbiz in a hosted tomcat
> server? Do we have documentation for it?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ling

re: Anyone tried running ofbiz in a hosted tomcat, do we have documentations?

Ling Wang
Brad,

I guess there are not very many users are in need of
this.

Thanks.

Ling

--- Brad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ling,
>
> Some have tried this in the past and found that it
> was rather difficult
> to get OFBIZ to function within Tomcat without a lot
> of extra work.  I
> believe the common problem was about CLASSPATH
> issues.  I personally
> have been able to use various isolated OFBIZ
> components (Entity Engine,
> Service Engine) within Tomcat without problem, but
> as for hosting all of
> OFBIZ within Tomcat I wouldn't know.
>
> Brad
>

> > Anyone has tried to run ofbiz in a hosted tomcat
> > server? Do we have documentation for it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Ling

Re: Anyone tried running ofbiz in a hosted tomcat, do we have documentations?

Fabian Gorsler
Hi Ling,

I've tried to run OFBiz in an own Tomcat instance, but I didn't suceed.

If you have any ideas how to run it, I'd like to hear them. Any
information about OFBiz in an own Tomcat instance would interest me. :)

Best regards,
Fabian.

Re: Anyone tried running ofbiz in a hosted tomcat, do we have documentations?

BJ Freeman
Ofbiz has its own tomcat webserver.
I am not the expert on this. I am guessing you would have to make some
major changes in the code connecting ofbiz to its tomcat, to install it
in a normal tomcat environment.

Fabian Gorsler sent the following on 8/8/2006 12:17 PM: