Apache Incubation: pending tasks

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi all,

we are very close to completing all the Apache Incubator's tasks.

Here are the ones that are still open:

1) gathering of iCLAs from contributors: still no response from 4
committers; 15 persons already sent their iCLA, but the documents were
not filed at Apache; PLEASE, if you are listed in group A or B in this page:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Developers

and your status is S or R, please, download a new iCLA (not cCLA!):

http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

sign it and send it again to the ASF (by fax is fine); it's very
important... THANKS.

2) replace the MIT license with the ASL2.0 header in all the project's files
3) move the source files to the Apache SVN server
4) move the project's web site to the Apache web server
5) update and clean up some of the website's resources
6) change the packages' and resources' names from org.ofbiz.* to
org.apache.ofbiz.*
7) ask for the creation of a new committer account for Jacques Le Roux

About #6: this is an optional task.
About #7: David W, Yoav, J Aaaron, could you please verify the status of
your request to root?

For details, see the Status page here:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ofbiz.html

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks

David Welton-2
Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> 7) ask for the creation of a new committer account for Jacques Le Roux
>
> About #6: this is an optional task.
> About #7: David W, Yoav, J Aaaron, could you please verify the status of
> your request to root?

Hi root,

Here is the information you need for Jacques Le Roux's account:

Choices in order for Apache userID:
1. jle-roux (it's available)

email address to forward to:

Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>

David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
- http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks

Andrew Sykes
Jacopo,

(i+c)CLA were sent a while ago, is there any way to chase this up?

- Andrew

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks

Andrew,

I had to resent mine, the 2d time I sent it by post as a registered letter, it
worked...

Jacques

> Jacopo,
>
> (i+c)CLA were sent a while ago, is there any way to chase this up?
>
> - Andrew
>
> On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 08:08 +0200, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > we are very close to completing all the Apache Incubator's tasks.
> >
> > Here are the ones that are still open:
> >
> > 1) gathering of iCLAs from contributors: still no response from 4
> > committers; 15 persons already sent their iCLA, but the documents were
> > not filed at Apache; PLEASE, if you are listed in group A or B in this page:
> >
> > http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Developers
> >
> > and your status is S or R, please, download a new iCLA (not cCLA!):
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
> >
> > sign it and send it again to the ASF (by fax is fine); it's very
> > important... THANKS.
> >
> > 2) replace the MIT license with the ASL2.0 header in all the project's files
> > 3) move the source files to the Apache SVN server
> > 4) move the project's web site to the Apache web server
> > 5) update and clean up some of the website's resources
> > 6) change the packages' and resources' names from org.ofbiz.* to
> > org.apache.ofbiz.*
> > 7) ask for the creation of a new committer account for Jacques Le Roux
> >
> > About #6: this is an optional task.
> > About #7: David W, Yoav, J Aaaron, could you please verify the status of
> > your request to root?
> >
> > For details, see the Status page here:
> >
> > http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ofbiz.html
> >
> > Jacopo
> --
> Kind Regards
> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd
> http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks

davidnwelton
> 7) ask for the creation of a new committer account for Jacques Le Roux
>
> About #6: this is an optional task.
> About #7: David W, Yoav, J Aaaron, could you please verify the status of
> your request to root?

I sent off another email, but I seem to be having some email troubles
at home...  I'll check again this evening.

 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks

Andrew,

you are not the only one in this situation... how did you send the
documents? Mail or fax? Do you remember (approx) when you sent them?

Jacopo

Andrew Sykes wrote:

> Jacopo,
>
> (i+c)CLA were sent a while ago, is there any way to chase this up?
>
> - Andrew
>
> On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 08:08 +0200, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we are very close to completing all the Apache Incubator's tasks.
>>
>> Here are the ones that are still open:
>>
>> 1) gathering of iCLAs from contributors: still no response from 4
>> committers; 15 persons already sent their iCLA, but the documents were
>> not filed at Apache; PLEASE, if you are listed in group A or B in this page:
>>
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Developers
>>
>> and your status is S or R, please, download a new iCLA (not cCLA!):
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
>>
>> sign it and send it again to the ASF (by fax is fine); it's very
>> important... THANKS.
>>
>> 2) replace the MIT license with the ASL2.0 header in all the project's files
>> 3) move the source files to the Apache SVN server
>> 4) move the project's web site to the Apache web server
>> 5) update and clean up some of the website's resources
>> 6) change the packages' and resources' names from org.ofbiz.* to
>> org.apache.ofbiz.*
>> 7) ask for the creation of a new committer account for Jacques Le Roux
>>
>> About #6: this is an optional task.
>> About #7: David W, Yoav, J Aaaron, could you please verify the status of
>> your request to root?
>>
>> For details, see the Status page here:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ofbiz.html
>>
>> Jacopo

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks

Andrew Sykes
Jacopo,

I don't remember the date, but it was over one month ago, perhaps six
weeks?

- Andrew

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks

mrisaliti@libero.it
Hi Jacopo,

Also I sent by Mail the document to Apache Foundation in May and on the
20/06/06 I sent again by fax (at 0014108032258) but at the moment I have not
received any feedback.

Marco
> I don't remember the date, but it was over one month ago, perhaps six
> weeks?
>
> - Andrew
>
> On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 16:20 +0200, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> Andrew,
>>
>> you are not the only one in this situation... how did you send the
>> documents? Mail or fax? Do you remember (approx) when you sent them?
>>
>> Jacopo
>>

>> Andrew Sykes wrote:
>> > Jacopo,
>> >
>> > (i+c)CLA were sent a while ago, is there any way to chase this up?
>> >
>> > - Andrew

> --
> Kind Regards
> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd
> http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks

Jacopo Cappellato
Marco, Adrian,

your iCLAs have been finally recorded!
Now there are 13 persons that sent their iCLA but they never arrived.
A few of these are active members of this mailing list (and important
contributor).

For example, Adam (Heath) and Andrew (Sykes): is it too much if I ask
you to send another fax with your signed iCLA (not cCLA!) to the ASF?
You can download (again!) the iCLA from here:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

THANKS,

Jacopo

Marco Libero wrote:

> Hi Jacopo,
>
> Also I sent by Mail the document to Apache Foundation in May and on the
> 20/06/06 I sent again by fax (at 0014108032258) but at the moment I have
> not received any feedback.
>
> Marco
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Sykes"
> <[hidden email]>

That's a great news !

Thanks Jacopo

> Now there are 13 persons that sent their iCLA but they never arrived.
> A few of these are active members of this mailing list (and important
> contributor).
>
> For example, Adam (Heath) and Andrew (Sykes): is it too much if I ask you
> to send another fax with your signed iCLA (not cCLA!) to the ASF?
> You can download (again!) the iCLA from here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
>
> THANKS,
>
> Jacopo
>
> Marco Libero wrote:
>> Hi Jacopo,
>>
>> Also I sent by Mail the document to Apache Foundation in May and on the
>> 20/06/06 I sent again by fax (at 0014108032258) but at the moment I have
>> not received any feedback.
>>
>> Marco
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Sykes"
>> <[hidden email]>

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks: package names and ofbiz.org

David E Jones-2

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> 6) change the packages' and resources' names from org.ofbiz.* to
> org.apache.ofbiz.*

Maybe we should vote on this... I'd rather not change the package names personally. Any other thoughts before we do a vote (assuming a vote is needed)?

On a related topic: what should we do with the old ofbiz.org domain name? I currently have it registered at register.com. It would probably make the most sense to somehow turn it over to the ASF and however it works have it become part of the ASF quiver. On the other hand, if that is not normally done, we can continue host it and have it forward to the official ASF resources.

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> 1) gathering of iCLAs from contributors: still no response from 4
> committers; 15 persons already sent their iCLA, but the documents were
> not filed at Apache; PLEASE, if you are listed in group A or B in this
> page:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Developers
>
> and your status is S or R, please, download a new iCLA (not cCLA!):
>
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
>
> sign it and send it again to the ASF (by fax is fine); it's very
> important... THANKS.
>
> 2) replace the MIT license with the ASL2.0 header in all the project's
> files
I spent some time this afternoon clearing up the issues with remaining people who have not responded to the CLA solicitations. I added comments on the remaining ones on the docs page:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Developers

Based on the feedback from the legal list query a while back that we had done sufficient work to cover the needs for licensing in incubation (if I understood it right...), I think we are now ready to replace all license headers and move forward with incubation, even starting review of all requirements and if that goes well then I guess the next step is an application for graduation, or however that works?

Actually, here is what Justin wrote:

=======================
I think that you're covered enough to proceed with Incubation, and keep the
original license notice (MIT, right?) on those files that those contributors
added portions to.  If/when you receive an iCLA for those folks, we can
remove that notice.  All other files can be relicensed to ALv2 accordingly.

Great work guys!  -- justin
=======================

So, I guess with the remaining people in the "R" if we do add ASLv2 license headers now we'll have to leave the MIT license headers on the files with their stuff until we get a CLA from them.

Should we bother with this now, or just wait? It would be nice to move along with incubation...

BTW, I also updated the "R" list from the ~jim/committers page, and it didn't find any updates for the remaining 9 people on that list.

David E. Jones wrote:

> Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> 6) change the packages' and resources' names from org.ofbiz.* to
>> org.apache.ofbiz.*
>
> Maybe we should vote on this... I'd rather not change the package names
> personally. Any other thoughts before we do a vote (assuming a vote is
> needed)?

What about postponing this discussion and vote after (and if) OFBiz will
be officially an Apache project?
It is really a minor issue but it could cause a lot of problems to the
users of the system.

Does it make sense?

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> David E. Jones wrote:
>> Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>>> 6) change the packages' and resources' names from org.ofbiz.* to
>>> org.apache.ofbiz.*
>>
>> Maybe we should vote on this... I'd rather not change the package
>> names personally. Any other thoughts before we do a vote (assuming a
>> vote is needed)?
>>

> What about postponing this discussion and vote after (and if) OFBiz will
> be officially an Apache project?
> It is really a minor issue but it could cause a lot of problems to the
> users of the system.
>
> Does it make sense?
Yes, perhaps so. Let's do leave it until OFBiz is actually through incubation. Of course, even then my vote will be to leave it the same unless there is a strong preference to always have "org.apache" packages for apache code... Like you said, it is a pain for anyone using the stuff (including the committers... ;) ).

On the topic of if OFBiz will become an official ASF project... I think that after a certain point (and I think we've reached that point) it's more a matter of when than if. Obviously there has to be a vote and board approval and what not, but the point is that we're committed to doing whatever is necessary to get it finished up.

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks: package names and ofbiz.org

davidnwelton
> On the topic of if OFBiz will become an official ASF project... I think that after a certain point (and I think we've reached that point) it's more a matter of when than if. Obviously there has to be a vote and board approval and what not, but the point is that we're committed to doing whatever is necessary to get it finished up.

Yes, I don't see any serious obstacles at this point.  In a lot of
ways the project was a good candidate in the first place, so the
biggest thing has been all the hard work you guys put in collecting
iCLA's.

BTW, I think that it should be possible to turn over ofbiz.org to the
ASF - it seems that the ASF owns spamassassin.org, for example.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks

Joe Schaefer-5
"David N. Welton" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>
>> 7) ask for the creation of a new committer account for Jacques Le Roux
>> About #6: this is an optional task.
>> About #7: David W, Yoav, J Aaaron, could you please verify the status
>> of your request to root?
>
> Hi root,
>
> Here is the information you need for Jacques Le Roux's account:
>
> Choices in order for Apache userID:
> 1. jle-roux (it's available)
>
> email address to forward to:
>
> Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
>
> Thanks,

This email was sent to root on June 27, and bares little resemblance
to a proper account request, so root silently ignored it.  Since that
time, David has sent a gentle reminder to root to create the account
for this person.

No record of the account request for Jacques ever made it to
pmc@incubator.  Please see http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter
and send root@ a proper request. The account will then be created in a
few days.

Thanks.