Asset Maintenance Questions

Adrian Crum
I'm getting ready to deploy the Asset Maintenance component where I work and I have a few questions
about its use.

1. In the Edit Equipment screen, there is a drop-down list for Equipment Class. Where do I add classes?

2. In the Equipment Children screen, clicking on an equipment link doesn't do anything - you're
still on the Equipment Children screen. Shouldn't that link take you to the Edit Equipment screen or
something?

3. Is there any way to create recurring maintenance tasks?

4. What is the Warehouse tab for? It just displays an empty list.

-Adrian

Re: Asset Maintenance Questions

Anil Patel-3

Adrian Crum wrote:
> I'm getting ready to deploy the Asset Maintenance component where I
> work and I have a few questions
> about its use.
>
> 1. In the Edit Equipment screen, there is a drop-down list for
> Equipment Class. Where do I add classes?
I don't think we have screen for this. One of the reason was, I don't
want user to create them easily. In my case they tend to create
Equipment Class instead of using "Manufacturer Product Id".

> 2. In the Equipment Children screen, clicking on an equipment link
> doesn't do anything - you're still on the Equipment Children screen.
> Shouldn't that link take you to the Edit Equipment screen or something?
It should show list of equipments belong to this FixedAssetGroup. You
can add a Equipment to another Equipment as child by setting its
EquipmentGroup. In our case this was like a Man lift mounted on a Truck.
Like from Demo data if you selected DEMO_MACHINE_GROUP then it will have
list of equipment in Children tab.

> 3. Is there any way to create recurring maintenance tasks?
Recurring Maintenances are relationship of Product. So Lets say you have
a Truck "F150". First we'll define a Product for this Kind of Asset and
then in Maintenances tab for the product we can add Maintenances for
this product.

Next thing that's not yet there in Ofbiz is, a service that will
scheduled to check of upcoming maintenances for FixedAssets by looking
up their recommendaded maintenances by looking at Maintenances on
Product that they belong to.

> 4. What is the Warehouse tab for? It just displays an empty list.
Wherehouse in this case is a Tab to show list of Facilities that are of
type Warehouse. In this warehouse we'll keep Parts that will be used by
shop. We had simple screens for receiving multiple parts in stock
without creating PO, Some prebuilt queries for looking up parts with
different conditions.

> -Adrian

Re: Asset Maintenance Questions

Adrian Crum
Anil,

Thank you very much for your reply! My comments are inline.

Anil K Patel wrote:

> Adrian Crum wrote:
>
>> I'm getting ready to deploy the Asset Maintenance component where I
>> work and I have a few questions
>> about its use.
>>
>> 1. In the Edit Equipment screen, there is a drop-down list for
>> Equipment Class. Where do I add classes?
>
> I don't think we have screen for this. One of the reason was, I don't
> want user to create them easily. In my case they tend to create
> Equipment Class instead of using "Manufacturer Product Id".

What if we made that screen available to an "Asset Maintenance Admin"? It's something we will need here.

>> 2. In the Equipment Children screen, clicking on an equipment link
>> doesn't do anything - you're still on the Equipment Children screen.
>> Shouldn't that link take you to the Edit Equipment screen or something?
>
> It should show list of equipments belong to this FixedAssetGroup. You
> can add a Equipment to another Equipment as child by setting its
> EquipmentGroup. In our case this was like a Man lift mounted on a Truck.
> Like from Demo data if you selected DEMO_MACHINE_GROUP then it will have
> list of equipment in Children tab.

I know that's what it does. I was saying that it's not the expected behavior. If I have a list of
equipment links, I would expect clicking on a link to take me to a screen showing me that piece of
equipment. If I just wanted to see the children of that equipment, I can click the Expand button.

A good example of that behavior can be found in the Accounting component:

https://127.0.0.1:8443/accounting/control/GlAccountNavigate?trail=100000|100000#100000|100000

Clicking on a link takes you to that account. Clicking the Expand button shows you the account's
children.

>> 3. Is there any way to create recurring maintenance tasks?
>
> Recurring Maintenances are relationship of Product. So Lets say you have
> a Truck "F150". First we'll define a Product for this Kind of Asset and
> then in Maintenances tab for the product we can add Maintenances for
> this product.
>
> Next thing that's not yet there in Ofbiz is, a service that will
> scheduled to check of upcoming maintenances for FixedAssets by looking
> up their recommendaded maintenances by looking at Maintenances on
> Product that they belong to.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to enter recurring maintenance in the New Maintenance screen.
So we need more than just a service - we need a way to allow a user to input a recurring maintenance.