Attaching documents to invoices.

Technology Investor
I would like to be able to associate a scanned invoice with an invoice
entry in the accounting module.  In some jurisdictions, a scanned
image of the invoice is enough for bookkeeping purposes, and thus it
is very attractive to have this ability.

I see that in the Content application has a data resource entity.  Is
it possible to simply add this to the invoice entity to get this
functionality?

- A

Re: Attaching documents to invoices.

Yes, this should be easy to do

Jacques

From: "Technology Investor" <[hidden email]>

>I would like to be able to associate a scanned invoice with an invoice
> entry in the accounting module.  In some jurisdictions, a scanned
> image of the invoice is enough for bookkeeping purposes, and thus it
> is very attractive to have this ability.
>
> I see that in the Content application has a data resource entity.  Is
> it possible to simply add this to the invoice entity to get this
> functionality?
>
> - A

Re: Attaching documents to invoices.

Alexander Kjeldaas
What is the best practice wrt using entities from another application?

- A

2008/8/25 Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>:

> Yes, this should be easy to do
> Jacques
>
> From: "Technology Investor" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> I would like to be able to associate a scanned invoice with an invoice
>> entry in the accounting module.  In some jurisdictions, a scanned
>> image of the invoice is enough for bookkeeping purposes, and thus it
>> is very attractive to have this ability.
>>
>> I see that in the Content application has a data resource entity.  Is
>> it possible to simply add this to the invoice entity to get this
>> functionality?
>>
>> - A

Re: Attaching documents to invoices.

There are no frontiers of any kind between entities. They are all in the same data model (aka ofbiz.org group).
So it's only a matter of adding a relation between Invoice and DataResource (or a little bit more but this is the idea)
You may have a look at how the store policies are dealed with in eCommerce...

Jacques

From: "Alexander Kjeldaas" <[hidden email]>

> What is the best practice wrt using entities from another application?
>
> - A
>
> 2008/8/25 Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>:
>> Yes, this should be easy to do
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Technology Investor" <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> I would like to be able to associate a scanned invoice with an invoice
>>> entry in the accounting module.  In some jurisdictions, a scanned
>>> image of the invoice is enough for bookkeeping purposes, and thus it
>>> is very attractive to have this ability.
>>>
>>> I see that in the Content application has a data resource entity.  Is
>>> it possible to simply add this to the invoice entity to get this
>>> functionality?
>>>
>>> - A

Re: Attaching documents to invoices.

One point I forgot though : we should not introduce dependencies from specialpurpose applications in core applications.
Even at the entity level of course. Anyway this does not concern your question.

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>

> There are no frontiers of any kind between entities. They are all in the same data model (aka ofbiz.org group).
> So it's only a matter of adding a relation between Invoice and DataResource (or a little bit more but this is the idea)
> You may have a look at how the store policies are dealed with in eCommerce...
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Alexander Kjeldaas" <[hidden email]>
>> What is the best practice wrt using entities from another application?
>>
>> - A
>>
>> 2008/8/25 Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>:
>>> Yes, this should be easy to do
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>> From: "Technology Investor" <[hidden email]>

Re: Attaching documents to invoices.

Rashko Rejmer

I had the same requirement to attach PDF to the invoice. But I
resolved it in a different way.
I attached the PDF to the party that receives the invoice(partyIdTo).
There is 1 : 1 relation between receiver party and invoice.

Regard,
Rashko Rejmer

From: "Rashko Rejmer" <[hidden email]>
> Hi,
>
> I had the same requirement to attach PDF to the invoice. But I
> resolved it in a different way.
> I attached the PDF to the party that receives the invoice(partyIdTo).
> There is 1 : 1 relation between receiver party and invoice.

This makes sense indeed !

Jacques