Best way to extend product

Pesquisas
Hello,

I'm creating an entity Book to add the relation with author and
publisher.  The best way to do that is extending the product (how do I
do that?) or modifying the product itself (books are the only thing we
sell)?

Thanks,

Petterson

Re: Best way to extend product

BJ Freeman
if I understand you
in terms of ofbiz you have two parties you wish to associate,then
connect to a book
each party can be part of a Publishers or Author group
and/or you can have roles for each
you can then link a publisher and author by
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/partymgr/control/linkparty
you can also give publishers a supplier role so they can be connected to
the product.
Pesquisas sent the following on 4/18/2008 8:35 AM:

> Hello,
>
> I'm creating an entity Book to add the relation with author and
> publisher.  The best way to do that is extending the product (how do I
> do that?) or modifying the product itself (books are the only thing we
> sell)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Petterson

RE: Best way to extend product

SkipDever
You can do it either way

Here's how to extend it:

    <extend-entity entity-name="Product">
        <field name="normallyStocked" type="indicator"/>
        <field name="orderCost" type="floating-point"/>
        <field name="alwaysDoEoq" type="indicator"/>
    </extend-entity>

In your case, that is what I would recommend.  Just create a folder in
hot-deploy beause doubtless you will need to make other modifications and
you can keep them all together then.

Skip

I'm creating an entity Book to add the relation with author and
publisher.  The best way to do that is extending the product (how do I
do that?) or modifying the product itself (books are the only thing we
sell)?

Thanks,

Petterson

Checked by AVG.
9:26 AM

Checked by AVG.
9:26 AM

Re: Best way to extend product

rajsaini
Best way is to associate the products with roles.

1. Create roles Author and Publisher.
2. Create your Party (Author or Publisher in Party Manager).
3. Associate them with the product with ProductRole.

I did this for my site and you can see it working at
http://www.ibaazar.com/. You can search the product based on author as
well as publisher.

Thanks,

Raj

Pesquisas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm creating an entity Book to add the relation with author and
> publisher.  The best way to do that is extending the product (how do I
> do that?) or modifying the product itself (books are the only thing we
> sell)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Petterson

Re: Best way to extend product

Bruno Busco
Raj,
I like your eshop very much !
It is the like I am trying to achieve too.

Could you please tell what modifications was necessary to achieve the final
result?

-Bruno

2008/4/19, Raj Saini <[hidden email]>:

> Best way is to associate the products with roles.
>
> 1. Create roles Author and Publisher.
> 2. Create your Party (Author or Publisher in Party Manager).
> 3. Associate them with the product with ProductRole.
>
> I did this for my site and you can see it working at
> http://www.ibaazar.com/. You can search the product based on author as
> well as publisher.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raj
>
> Pesquisas wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm creating an entity Book to add the relation with author and
> > publisher.  The best way to do that is extending the product (how do I
> > do that?) or modifying the product itself (books are the only thing we
> > sell)?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Petterson

Re: Best way to extend product

rajsaini
Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your appreciation.

We extended the OOTB e-commerce component and did not use any of the
view (ftl) components. We could still use most of the bsh file. Rest of
it is pretty what is available of the of the box. We created some of the
screens like, feature products, best sellers, featured departments etc
which are not available OOTB. The strategy we applied was to develop the
html mock up first and then integrate the dynamic ftl parts by referring
the OOTB e-commerce.

Thanks,

Raj

Bruno Busco wrote:

> Raj,
> I like your eshop very much !
> It is the like I am trying to achieve too.
>
> Could you please tell what modifications was necessary to achieve the final
> result?
>
> -Bruno
>

> 2008/4/19, Raj Saini <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Best way is to associate the products with roles.
>>
>> 1. Create roles Author and Publisher.
>> 2. Create your Party (Author or Publisher in Party Manager).
>> 3. Associate them with the product with ProductRole.
>>
>> I did this for my site and you can see it working at
>> http://www.ibaazar.com/. You can search the product based on author as
>> well as publisher.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Raj
>>
>> Pesquisas wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm creating an entity Book to add the relation with author and
>>> publisher.  The best way to do that is extending the product (how do I
>>> do that?) or modifying the product itself (books are the only thing we
>>> sell)?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Petterson

Re: Best way to extend product

Bruno Busco
Many thanks Raj,
I do not understand what you mean for "did not use any of the view (ftl)
components".
As far as I can see the OOTB ecommerce web application is 90% ftl files. You
did not use them? (for instance showcart.ftl).

Thank you for you patience in explaining to me....

-Bruno

2008/4/19, Raj Saini <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Bruno,
>
> Thanks for your appreciation.
>
> We extended the OOTB e-commerce component and did not use any of the view
> (ftl) components. We could still use most of the bsh file. Rest of it is
> pretty what is available of the of the box. We created some of the screens
> like, feature products, best sellers, featured departments etc which are not
> available OOTB. The strategy we applied was to develop the html mock up
> first and then integrate the dynamic ftl parts by referring the OOTB
> e-commerce.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raj
>
> Bruno Busco wrote:
>
> > Raj,
> > I like your eshop very much !
> > It is the like I am trying to achieve too.
> >
> > Could you please tell what modifications was necessary to achieve the
> > final
> > result?
> >
> > -Bruno
> >

> > 2008/4/19, Raj Saini <[hidden email]>:
> >

> > > Best way is to associate the products with roles.
> > >
> > > 1. Create roles Author and Publisher.
> > > 2. Create your Party (Author or Publisher in Party Manager).
> > > 3. Associate them with the product with ProductRole.
> > >
> > > I did this for my site and you can see it working at
> > > http://www.ibaazar.com/. You can search the product based on author as
> > > well as publisher.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Raj

Re: Best way to extend product

rajsaini
Yes, we created our own html, css, images etc. We referred the OOTB ftl
to convert our HTML into Freemarker templates (FTL)

Raj

Bruno Busco wrote:

> Many thanks Raj,
> I do not understand what you mean for "did not use any of the view (ftl)
> components".
> As far as I can see the OOTB ecommerce web application is 90% ftl files. You
> did not use them? (for instance showcart.ftl).
>
> Thank you for you patience in explaining to me....
>
> -Bruno
>

> 2008/4/19, Raj Saini <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi Bruno,
>>
>> Thanks for your appreciation.
>>
>> We extended the OOTB e-commerce component and did not use any of the view
>> (ftl) components. We could still use most of the bsh file. Rest of it is
>> pretty what is available of the of the box. We created some of the screens
>> like, feature products, best sellers, featured departments etc which are not
>> available OOTB. The strategy we applied was to develop the html mock up
>> first and then integrate the dynamic ftl parts by referring the OOTB
>> e-commerce.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Raj
>>
>> Bruno Busco wrote:
>>

>>> Raj,
>>> I like your eshop very much !
>>> It is the like I am trying to achieve too.
>>>
>>> Could you please tell what modifications was necessary to achieve the
>>> final
>>> result?
>>>
>>> -Bruno

Re: Best way to extend product