Billing Account question

Rick F.

  Merry Christmas,

  I have downloaded opentaps(OfBiz) and I'm trying it out. After having setup a customer and associated billing account, I'm unclear on how to use it as a method of payment so that I can complete the sales order. I'd appreciate some pointers, or if you can send me in the right direction on more complete user documentation I'd really appreciate that as I've read most of what I see available and need a little more direction. As I go through the process, I'd be more than willing to make any general notes on implementation available to this forum.

  I own a Parts and Service company in Denver CO. We're a hybrid wholesale, retail parts sales and inhome, appliance service operation. Our parts database is ~1 mil items. Our warehouse stocks 10,000+ items. This package is very appealing with it's web integration. Our industry only has very proprietary software choices.

  I'll contribute back in any way that I can.

  Rick Fleming, OCP
  Bear Valley Appliance, Denver

Re: Billing Account question

Si Chen-2
Richard Fleming wrote:

>   Merry Christmas,
>
>   I have downloaded opentaps(OfBiz) and I'm trying it out. After having setup a customer and associated billing account, I'm unclear on how to use it as a method of payment so that I can complete the sales order. I'd appreciate some pointers, or if you can send me in the right direction on more complete user documentation I'd really appreciate that as I've read most of what I see available and need a little more direction. As I go through the process, I'd be more than willing to make any general notes on implementation available to this forum.
>
>   I own a Parts and Service company in Denver CO. We're a hybrid wholesale, retail parts sales and inhome, appliance service operation. Our parts database is ~1 mil items. Our warehouse stocks 10,000+ items. This package is very appealing with it's web integration. Our industry only has very proprietary software choices.
>
>   I'll contribute back in any way that I can.
>
>   Rick Fleming, OCP
>   Bear Valley Appliance, Denver

During order checkout the billing account can be selected as a payment
method, and then when the order is shipped, the billing account is charged.

We also put in a couple of new links to receive and pay with billing
accounts this week.

Si

Re: Billing Account question

Cameron Smith-6
Si, what tag was this fixed in? I am also coincidentally having trouble with this.  I have given my customer the role of Bill-to customer, and created a billing acct associated with him, as per the OpenTAPs user documentation.

However when I go to check out, no billing account appears as a payment method.

I am using ofbiz_opentaps_473442

cameron

>   I have downloaded opentaps(OfBiz) and I'm trying it out. After having setup a customer and associated billing account, I'm unclear on how to use it as a method of payment so that I can complete the sales order. I'd appreciate some pointers, or if you can send me in the right direction on more complete user documentation I'd really appreciate that as I've read most of what I see available and need a little more direction. As I go through the process, I'd be more than willing to make any general notes on implementation available to this forum.
>
>   I own a Parts and Service company in Denver CO. We're a hybrid wholesale, retail parts sales and inhome, appliance service operation. Our parts database is ~1 mil items. Our warehouse stocks 10,000+ items. This package is very appealing with it's web integration. Our industry only has very proprietary software choices.
>
>   I'll contribute back in any way that I can.
>
>   Rick Fleming, OCP
>   Bear Valley Appliance, Denver

During order checkout the billing account can be selected as a payment
method, and then when the order is shipped, the billing account is charged.

We also put in a couple of new links to receive and pay with billing
accounts this week.

Si

Re: Billing Account question

Rick F.
Si,

  I downloaded the latest this morning and tried again. Still, billing account options only seem to exist when using the WebStore checkout. When I select the RetailStore -> Phone channel, the billing account option doesn't present itself. Do I need to set up something in the RetailStore so that billing account options show up?

  Merry Christmas
  Rick

Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
  Richard Fleming wrote:

> Merry Christmas,
>
> I have downloaded opentaps(OfBiz) and I'm trying it out. After having setup a customer and associated billing account, I'm unclear on how to use it as a method of payment so that I can complete the sales order. I'd appreciate some pointers, or if you can send me in the right direction on more complete user documentation I'd really appreciate that as I've read most of what I see available and need a little more direction. As I go through the process, I'd be more than willing to make any general notes on implementation available to this forum.
>
> I own a Parts and Service company in Denver CO. We're a hybrid wholesale, retail parts sales and inhome, appliance service operation. Our parts database is ~1 mil items. Our warehouse stocks 10,000+ items. This package is very appealing with it's web integration. Our industry only has very proprietary software choices.
>
> I'll contribute back in any way that I can.
>
> Rick Fleming, OCP
> Bear Valley Appliance, Denver

During order checkout the billing account can be selected as a payment
method, and then when the order is shipped, the billing account is charged.

We also put in a couple of new links to receive and pay with billing
accounts this week.

Si

Re: Billing Account question

David E Jones-2

In order for a ProductStore to allow a billing account payment there
must be a ProductStorePaymentSetting with a paymentMethodTypeId of
EXT_BILLACT.

Generally retail stores don't do much B2B stuff, so it's not setup
there. You can test this with the "OFBiz E-Commerce Store" demo
ProductStore.

-David