Billing Accounts: clarification about the process details needed

Billing Accounts: clarification about the process details needed

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi all,

I'm still trying to fix the last problems in the current billing account
implementation.
Before I go on, I'd like to be sure that what I have in mind is the
right process:

* during checkout, an order can be associated to a billing account
* if there is enough credit available in the billing account there is no
need, during checkout, to select a second payment method; if the credit
in the billing account is not enough, then the user have to select a
second payment method (e.g. a CC)
* when invoices are created for the order, they are associated to the
billing account too
* all the payments applied to invoices associated to a billing account,
are associated to the billing account too (using the
PaymentApplication.billingAccountId field)
* a payment application can be associated to a billing account, and it
will increase the credit available in the billing account

All the above points are already implemented and I'm fixing some bugs in
them; however there is one issue I'm not sure how to manage.
Right now (thanks to Si's work) when the amounts are captured and one of
the OrderPaymentPreferences is EXT_BILLACT, a payment is created and a
payment application is associated to the billing account (to decrease
the credit available in the account); however, no authorization is done
before this.
This is a problem because if I select a billing account and a CC, no
auth is associated to the billing account and the authorization is
requested for the total order amount to the CC (even if later, during
capturing, just the correct amount is captured).
My question is: how should we handle this?
Should we treat the OrderPaymentPreferences of type EXT_BILLACT in a
similar way of the CC auth/capturing? (I mean by creating 'fake'
PaymentGatewayResponses for them etc...).

Please help!

Jacopo

PS: For more details have a look at:

Re: Billing Accounts: clarification about the process details needed

Iain Fogg
Jacopo,

Your suggestion seems to make sense. I hope to upgrade my system to the
latest after the end of the Christmas shopping period and can do some
testing of the new implementation then.

Cheers, Iain