BillingAcct

Iain Fogg
I'm trying to use a BillingAcct to handle over-the-counter gift
certificates...

If I set up a BillingAcct for a customer, I can set the limit to $0 (I
don't want to allow the customer to be in credit).

I can make a Customer Deposit to charge the BillingAcct - say $20.

What I can't work out is how to pay for products from this BillingAcct.
When I place an order I can choose the BillingAcct in the order Options
screen, and when I get to the finalised order the Payment section of the
order view screen is empty. I QuickShip the order because in my case the
customer redeeming the "gift certificate" is standing in front of me in
my store.

When I go to the generated invoice, it is already ready for posting, so
I can't modify the header to specify the Billing Account # to use (even
though I selected this in the Order options screen it does not seem to
be set in the Invoice Header). I've tried various ways to create a
payment and apply it to the invoice, but I just can't seem to get it to
use the Billing Acct and update the BillingAcct balance correctly.

Any tips?

Cheers, Iain

Re: BillingAcct

cjhowe
This may just be my ignorance of the issue (and if it
is please ignore this) I was under the impression that
Gift cards work fine in the ecommerce and order
component, just the POS wasn't utilizing the same
services.  So, to remedy the situation, POS just
needed to utilize the same services.  Was this not
right?

--- Iain Fogg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to use a BillingAcct to handle
> over-the-counter gift
> certificates...
>
> If I set up a BillingAcct for a customer, I can set
> the limit to $0 (I
> don't want to allow the customer to be in credit).
>
> I can make a Customer Deposit to charge the
> BillingAcct - say $20.
>
> What I can't work out is how to pay for products
> from this BillingAcct.
> When I place an order I can choose the BillingAcct
> in the order Options
> screen, and when I get to the finalised order the
> Payment section of the
> order view screen is empty. I QuickShip the order
> because in my case the
> customer redeeming the "gift certificate" is
> standing in front of me in
> my store.
>
> When I go to the generated invoice, it is already
> ready for posting, so
> I can't modify the header to specify the Billing
> Account # to use (even
> though I selected this in the Order options screen
> it does not seem to
> be set in the Invoice Header). I've tried various
> ways to create a
> payment and apply it to the invoice, but I just
> can't seem to get it to
> use the Billing Acct and update the BillingAcct
> balance correctly.
>
> Any tips?
>
> Cheers, Iain

> Release Date: 15/12/2006

Re: BillingAcct

Iain,

I think you should consider applying the patch
"order_billingAccount_co.patch" I have attached to this Jira issue:

Iain Fogg wrote:

> I'm trying to use a BillingAcct to handle over-the-counter gift
> certificates...
>
> If I set up a BillingAcct for a customer, I can set the limit to $0 (I
> don't want to allow the customer to be in credit).
>
> I can make a Customer Deposit to charge the BillingAcct - say $20.
>
> What I can't work out is how to pay for products from this BillingAcct.
> When I place an order I can choose the BillingAcct in the order Options
> screen, and when I get to the finalised order the Payment section of the
> order view screen is empty. I QuickShip the order because in my case the
> customer redeeming the "gift certificate" is standing in front of me in
> my store.
>
> When I go to the generated invoice, it is already ready for posting, so
> I can't modify the header to specify the Billing Account # to use (even
> though I selected this in the Order options screen it does not seem to
> be set in the Invoice Header). I've tried various ways to create a
> payment and apply it to the invoice, but I just can't seem to get it to
> use the Billing Acct and update the BillingAcct balance correctly.
>
> Any tips?
>
> Cheers, Iain

Re: BillingAcct

Iain Fogg
Chris,

It may have been a case of user error, but the issue (I had) with GC was
that it relied on the purchaser specifying an email address for the
recipient and all the relevant details, such as the generated GC # being
emailed. In my case, I have little old ladies come into my shop who
don't even know what an email address is :-) Even accounting for the
non-existence of an email address, I couldn't see anywhere in the
backoffice applications where I could get the GC # and manage the
balance of the FinAccount.

Again, I stress all these problems could be caused by the idiocy of the
person on the end of this particular keyboard :-) If you can give me any
tips I'd be happy to have another go with real GCs.

Cheers, Iain

Chris Howe wrote:

> This may just be my ignorance of the issue (and if it
> is please ignore this) I was under the impression that
> Gift cards work fine in the ecommerce and order
> component, just the POS wasn't utilizing the same
> services.  So, to remedy the situation, POS just
> needed to utilize the same services.  Was this not
> right?
>

> --- Iain Fogg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> I'm trying to use a BillingAcct to handle
>> over-the-counter gift
>> certificates...
>>
>> If I set up a BillingAcct for a customer, I can set
>> the limit to $0 (I
>> don't want to allow the customer to be in credit).
>>
>> I can make a Customer Deposit to charge the
>> BillingAcct - say $20.
>>
>> What I can't work out is how to pay for products
>> from this BillingAcct.
>> When I place an order I can choose the BillingAcct
>> in the order Options
>> screen, and when I get to the finalised order the
>> Payment section of the
>> order view screen is empty. I QuickShip the order
>> because in my case the
>> customer redeeming the "gift certificate" is
>> standing in front of me in
>> my store.
>>
>> When I go to the generated invoice, it is already
>> ready for posting, so
>> I can't modify the header to specify the Billing
>> Account # to use (even
>> though I selected this in the Order options screen
>> it does not seem to
>> be set in the Invoice Header). I've tried various
>> ways to create a
>> payment and apply it to the invoice, but I just
>> can't seem to get it to
>> use the Billing Acct and update the BillingAcct
>> balance correctly.
>>
>> Any tips?
>>
>> Cheers, Iain
>>

>> --