Can I create a new "Top Category" that has no parent?

Can I create a new "Top Category" that has no parent?

lincolnkendal
I'm experimenting by adding by own data to the demo data.  Under Categories I see "Categories With No Parent Categories".  I created a catalog and store OK.  My flawed understanding wants me to create a top level category that covers all divisions of my business.  When I try to add a category without selecting a parent from the list I get a FK contraint error.  Can I create my own top level category for my future world-wide dominion ( Or at least for my department ) ?

Re: Can I create a new "Top Category" that has no parent?

David E Jones

I recommend looking at the demo data to better understand some
varieties of how these structures can be used.

The main file is the DemoProduct.xml file in the ecommerce component.
You can look at the file itself, or load up a system with the demo
data, or even just look at demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog.

-David