Can't install ofbiz

isserg
Hello forum,

For an academic group assignment, we had to customize an Erp and chose ofbiz.  After meeting all the requirements, we integrated BIRT in order to issue some reports. All was working fine, however, when we came to deploy it on another machine, the run install is generating the following errors:

The following errors occured in the data load:
install.loadData]: Error loading XML Resource "file:/C:/WorkSpace/release09.04%20-%20latest%20with%20all%20changes/framework/common/data/DimensionTypeData.xml"; Error was: A transaction error occurred reading data

and

[install.loadData]: Error loading XML Resource "file:/C:/WorkSpace/release09.04%20-%20latest%20with%20all%20changes/applications/product/data/DimensionTypeData.xml"; Error was: A transaction error occurred reading data

Finished the data load with 7489 rows changed.
     [java] 2010-05-09 15:40:18,841 (main) [    ContainerLoader.java:114:INFO ] Shutting down containers

We copy the source code and the db (Mysql) and for the past 4 months this worked fine.  Obviously, the server is not starting.  I removed the customized version and started from afresh, but got those errors again.

Sorry for writing so long, any help is greatly appreciated
Regards and thanks for your responses, if any

Re: Can't install ofbiz

kgambrah
Hi,
As a general recommendation when dealing with complex software
programming & administration, always look out for detailed stack traces
and error logs. So check your ofbiz log and perhaps increase the log
level. I actually changed the code in GenericOfbizException.java, the
parent of all Ofbiz exceptions to print the stack trace in the catch block.

Regards,
Kojo Gambrah

On 05/09/2010 01:55 PM, isserg wrote:

> Hello forum,
>
> For an academic group assignment, we had to customize an Erp and chose
> ofbiz.  After meeting all the requirements, we integrated BIRT in order to
> issue some reports. All was working fine, however, when we came to deploy it
> on another machine, the run install is generating the following errors:
>
> The following errors occured in the data load:
> install.loadData]: Error loading XML Resource
> "file:/C:/WorkSpace/release09.04%20-%20latest%20with%20all%20changes/framework/common/data/DimensionTypeData.xml";
> Error was: A transaction error occurred reading data
>
> and
>
> [install.loadData]: Error loading XML Resource
> "file:/C:/WorkSpace/release09.04%20-%20latest%20with%20all%20changes/applications/product/data/DimensionTypeData.xml";
> Error was: A transaction error occurred reading data
>
> Finished the data load with 7489 rows changed.
>      [java] 2010-05-09 15:40:18,841 (main) [
> ContainerLoader.java:114:INFO ] Shutting down containers
>
> We copy the source code and the db (Mysql) and for the past 4 months this
> worked fine.  Obviously, the server is not starting.  I removed the
> customized version and started from afresh, but got those errors again.
>
> Sorry for writing so long, any help is greatly appreciated
> Regards and thanks for your responses, if any

Re: Can't install ofbiz

since this is the only error, I am guessing it has to do with the
file internally.
open in a good xml editor you should find the problem.

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

isserg sent the following on 5/9/2010 6:55 AM: