Can we use JSP pages in the Screens.xml files

Can we use JSP pages in the Screens.xml files

rams-2
Hi All,
I want to use jsps for my application.
Will the screen definitions work for jsps.
When I try screen definitions with Jsp ,It is giving Error saying "such type
of endering not yet supported".
The Screen definitions file fragment I am using looks like this:
So, Any one tell me , How can I use JSP with screen definitions.
Is it compulsory ro use tiles framework ,if I use JSP pages in the
presentation layer.?

<screens xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/widget-screen.xsd">
   <screen name="CommonDecorator">
       <section>
            <widgets>
                <platform-specific><html><html-template
location="component://demo/webapp/demo/include/eader.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>
                <decorator-section-include name="body"/>
                <platform-specific><html><html-template
location="component://demo/webapp/demo/include/footer.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>
            </widgets>
       </section>
    </screen>
Thanks and Regards
RamReddy

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or received it in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please do not copy it for any purpose or disclose its contents.

Copyright Tarang Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 2004. All rights Reserved

Re: Can we use JSP pages in the Screens.xml files

BJ Freeman
replace:
<platform-specific><html><html-template

location="component://demo/webapp/demo/include/footer.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>

with your Jsp

rams sent the following on 4/19/2004 7:59 AM:

> Hi All,
> I want to use jsps for my application.
> Will the screen definitions work for jsps.
> When I try screen definitions with Jsp ,It is giving Error saying "such type
> of endering not yet supported".
> The Screen definitions file fragment I am using looks like this:
> So, Any one tell me , How can I use JSP with screen definitions.
> Is it compulsory ro use tiles framework ,if I use JSP pages in the
> presentation layer.?
>
> <screens xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>         xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/widget-screen.xsd">
>    <screen name="CommonDecorator">
>        <section>
>             <widgets>
>                 <platform-specific><html><html-template
> location="component://demo/webapp/demo/include/eader.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>
>                 <decorator-section-include name="body"/>
>                 <platform-specific><html><html-template
> location="component://demo/webapp/demo/include/footer.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>
>             </widgets>
>        </section>
>     </screen>
> Thanks and Regards
> RamReddy
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or received it in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please do not copy it for any purpose or disclose its contents.
>
> Copyright Tarang Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 2004. All rights Reserved

Re: Can we use JSP pages in the Screens.xml files

rams-2
On Wednesday 19 July 2006 11:05 am, BJ Freeman wrote:
Hi ,
Thanks for the response,
I tried this.
But its not displaying any page.
It says" Widget should not contain data ..Its content type is Element only"...
What should I do exactly..
Should I use..
<section>
            <widgets>
                <decorator-section-include name="body"/>
footer.jsp
</widgets>
       </section>
instead of ..
<section>
            <widgets>
                <decorator-section-include name="body"/>
                <platform-specific><html><html-template
location="component://demo/webapp/demo/include/footer.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>
            </widgets>
       </section>
But its not working..
Please let me know what exactly I have to do to use JSP.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Ram

> replace:
> <platform-specific><html><html-template
>
> location="component://demo/webapp/demo/include/footer.ftl"/></html></platfo
>rm-specific>
>

> with your Jsp
>
> rams sent the following on 4/19/2004 7:59 AM:
> > Hi All,
> > I want to use jsps for my application.
> > Will the screen definitions work for jsps.
> > When I try screen definitions with Jsp ,It is giving Error saying "such
> > type of endering not yet supported".
> > The Screen definitions file fragment I am using looks like this:
> > So, Any one tell me , How can I use JSP with screen definitions.
> > Is it compulsory ro use tiles framework ,if I use JSP pages in the
> > presentation layer.?
> >
> > <screens xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> >
> > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/widget-screen.xs
> >d"> <screen name="CommonDecorator">
> >        <section>
> >             <widgets>
> >                 <platform-specific><html><html-template
> > location="component://demo/webapp/demo/include/eader.ftl"/></html></platf
> >orm-specific> <decorator-section-include name="body"/>
> >                 <platform-specific><html><html-template
> > location="component://demo/webapp/demo/include/footer.ftl"/></html></plat
> >form-specific> </widgets>
> >        </section>
> >     </screen>
> > Thanks and Regards
> > RamReddy
> >

> > This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the
> > intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
> > information. If you are not the intended recipient or received it in
> > error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies
> > of the original message. Please do not copy it for any purpose or
> > disclose its contents.
> >
> > Copyright Tarang Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 2004. All rights
> > Reserved

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or received it in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please do not copy it for any purpose or disclose its contents.

Copyright Tarang Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 2004. All rights Reserved

Re: Can we use JSP pages in the Screens.xml files

David E Jones-2

No, this is not possible. It's not possible in the current implementation of the Screen Widget, and in fact it's not even technically possible with the JSP API.

JSP is NOT a generic template technology and can't just run in any context, so it will not work with any Stream or Writer based view technology like the Screen Widget. This is one of the inherent problems with JSPs and one of the various reasons why we moved away from JSPs a few years ago.

-David

rams wrote:

> Hi All,
> I want to use jsps for my application.
> Will the screen definitions work for jsps.
> When I try screen definitions with Jsp ,It is giving Error saying "such type
> of endering not yet supported".
> The Screen definitions file fragment I am using looks like this:
> So, Any one tell me , How can I use JSP with screen definitions.
> Is it compulsory ro use tiles framework ,if I use JSP pages in the
> presentation layer.?
>
> <screens xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>         xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/widget-screen.xsd">
>    <screen name="CommonDecorator">
>        <section>
>             <widgets>
>                 <platform-specific><html><html-template
> location="component://demo/webapp/demo/include/eader.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>
>                 <decorator-section-include name="body"/>
>                 <platform-specific><html><html-template
> location="component://demo/webapp/demo/include/footer.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>
>             </widgets>
>        </section>
>     </screen>
> Thanks and Regards
> RamReddy
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or received it in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please do not copy it for any purpose or disclose its contents.
>
> Copyright Tarang Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 2004. All rights Reserved

Re: Can we use JSP pages in the Screens.xml files

BJ Freeman
bump this up

David E. Jones sent the following on 7/19/2006 6:56 AM: