Confluence hierarchy how to ?

I'd like to put the Debugging OFBiz in Eclipse page under the Online Developers Section page. Is that possible without being admin ?

Re: Confluence hierarchy how to ?

Ray Barlow
Hi Jacques,

I think you'll find that I already have added that link when I
transferred the SVN Tips page, so I guess it is possible without being
admin.

Ray

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> I'd like to put the Debugging OFBiz in Eclipse page under the Online Developers Section page. Is that possible without being admin ?

Re: Confluence hierarchy how to ?

Ray,

Thanks, I saw the link but was willing to move the page down in the hierarchy
(tree view). I think in order to do that I need to have authorisations.

Jacques

> Hi Jacques,
>
> I think you'll find that I already have added that link when I
> transferred the SVN Tips page, so I guess it is possible without being
> admin.
>
> Ray
>
> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > I'd like to put the Debugging OFBiz in Eclipse page under the Online
Developers Section page. Is that possible without being admin ?

> > Thanks
> >
> > Jacques

Re: Confluence hierarchy how to ?

Ray Barlow
OK I see what you mean now, I hadn't spotted the tree hierarchy view
which is pretty cool. I couldn't find anyway to move the items in the
tree so I guess you are correct about requiring higher authorisation.

I only transferred the SVN Tips because I wanted to add a small section
to it and thought it a good excuse to start getting used to Confluence,
looks like a little more to learn yet!

Ray

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Ray,
>
> Thanks, I saw the link but was willing to move the page down in the hierarchy
> (tree view). I think in order to do that I need to have authorisations.

Re: Confluence hierarchy how to ?

David E. Jones

Did you guys figure this out? It looks like the SVN Tips is under the Online Developers Section, which is under Hom for the Wiki space.

To put a page in an hierarchy on the screen for the page just select the parent page.

-David

Ray Barlow wrote:

> OK I see what you mean now, I hadn't spotted the tree hierarchy view
> which is pretty cool. I couldn't find anyway to move the items in the
> tree so I guess you are correct about requiring higher authorisation.
>
> I only transferred the SVN Tips because I wanted to add a small section
> to it and thought it a good excuse to start getting used to Confluence,
> looks like a little more to learn yet!
>
> Ray
>

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Ray,
>>
>> Thanks, I saw the link but was willing to move the page down in the
>> hierarchy
>> (tree view). I think in order to do that I need to have authorisations.
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Confluence hierarchy how to ?

Ray Barlow
Ahh found it! Click on a page to view it, then select edit. At the top
it lists the location which you can edit to control the hierarchy.
Obviously that space on the page is a little obscured from my vision as
I'd passed it a few times.

I did try drag and drop in the hierarchy view but I guess that'll be in
the next AJAX enabled version :-)

Ray

David E. Jones wrote:

> Did you guys figure this out? It looks like the SVN Tips is under the
> Online Developers Section, which is under Hom for the Wiki space.
>
> To put a page in an hierarchy on the screen for the page just select
> the parent page.
>
> -David
>

> Ray Barlow wrote:
>> OK I see what you mean now, I hadn't spotted the tree hierarchy view
>> which is pretty cool. I couldn't find anyway to move the items in the
>> tree so I guess you are correct about requiring higher authorisation.
>>
>> I only transferred the SVN Tips because I wanted to add a small
>> section to it and thought it a good excuse to start getting used to
>> Confluence, looks like a little more to learn yet!
>>
>> Ray
>>

>> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>> Ray,
>>>
>>> Thanks, I saw the link but was willing to move the page down in the
>>> hierarchy
>>> (tree view). I think in order to do that I need to have authorisations.
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Confluence hierarchy how to ?

Thanks David and Ray,

I tried also the drap&drop, very old Windows bad habit ;o)

Jacques