Creating config items for a configurable product

Creating config items for a configurable product

Imre András Róbert
Hi,

I've been playing around with configurable items.

The web interface for product management enables adding
config items to the product. However, config items cannot
be managed via this screen. I.e. for PC001 I cant create
new config items (optical drive) or modify existing ones
(adding a 1G RAM option to the existing ones).

I was able to get around this by creating entities via
the webtools entity management interface, but this is a
quite low-level thing.

Am I missed the screen for config item management or
is it really missing yet?

Thanks,
  András

Re: Creating config items for a configurable product

Scott Gray
Hi András

You need to use the Configurations tab, it's on the tab bar just below
the "Catalog Manager Application" heading.

Regards
Scott

Imre András Róbert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been playing around with configurable items.
>
> The web interface for product management enables adding
> config items to the product. However, config items cannot
> be managed via this screen. I.e. for PC001 I cant create
> new config items (optical drive) or modify existing ones
> (adding a 1G RAM option to the existing ones).
>
> I was able to get around this by creating entities via
> the webtools entity management interface, but this is a
> quite low-level thing.
>
> Am I missed the screen for config item management or
> is it really missing yet?
>

> Thanks,
>   András

ReCreating config items for a configurable product

Imre András Róbert
Geez, how could I miss that...

I added an optical drive option, but could not manage to link it
to the PC. Seems to me the problem is it generates a config item
ID of 10000 automatically which I cant modify. I guess this should
be something like IT0003.

How can I link them together?

Thanks,
  András