Customisation

Jules-Henri Gavetti
Hello,

It's an example

I like to sell tee-shirt on my ecommrce shop.

On the tee-shirt the customer can write what he want (ex : I love Cars, I love my dog..)

I look for a way to collect this text in the process of order and use it in the production process.

Thanks

Jules-Henri

Re: Customisation

G.Venkata Phanindra
Hi,

You can always create an order, if u r going to take thru the customer to
entire process of shopping cart and you can use the Comments / Special
instructions option to store the use comment / the text user would like to
add, u need to relate the text and order and use if for ut production
purpose.

Or
 U can also add a seperate field for user to enter and relate it with the
Billing Part information.

Regards

Phani

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

RE: Customisation

Jules-Henri Gavetti
Hi,

Thanks, but i want to do that by product and not by order.
A Customer could customize two tee-shirt with two different word on it in the same order.

Jules

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

Re: Customisation

G.Venkata Phanindra
Hi,

This particular requirement is not supported as my knowlegde goes.
But u may try to use the concept of Varients and configurable goods, where u
need to customize the following,
The concept of varients and configurable goods genrally give a choice to
select from the predefined set, for which u need to make it a dynamically
editable one.

Another choice what i feel more easily done from Scratch is after user
selecting a product just have one more page where he can add the text then
give him an option to add that to a card.
I think this need a new entity with User information and Product and text of
his choice.

Regards,

Phanindra.

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

Re: Customisation

Anil Patel-2
I don't have experusbve doing such thing but I think you can create a
survey and attach it to a product. When such product is added to çart
user will be asked question from the survey.

Regards

Anil

On 5/11/07, G.Venkata Phanindra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This particular requirement is not supported as my knowlegde goes.
> But u may try to use the concept of Varients and configurable goods, where u
> need to customize the following,
> The concept of varients and configurable goods genrally give a choice to
> select from the predefined set, for which u need to make it a dynamically
> editable one.
>
> Another choice what i feel more easily done from Scratch is after user
> selecting a product just have one more page where he can add the text then
> give him an option to add that to a card.
> I think this need a new entity with User information and Product and text of
> his choice.
>

> Regards,
>
> Phanindra.
>
> On 5/11/07, Jules-Henri Gavetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks, but i want to do that by product and not by order.
> > A Customer could customize two tee-shirt with two different word on it in
> > the same order.
> >
> > Jules

Re: Customisation

Vamsi
configurable products is the best option
if you predefined set of statements to write on the tee-shirt

On 5/11/07, Anil Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't have experusbve doing such thing but I think you can create a
> survey and attach it to a product. When such product is added to çart
> user will be asked question from the survey.
>
> Regards
>
> Anil
>

> On 5/11/07, G.Venkata Phanindra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This particular requirement is not supported as my knowlegde goes.
> > But u may try to use the concept of Varients and configurable goods,
> where u
> > need to customize the following,
> > The concept of varients and configurable goods genrally give a choice to
> > select from the predefined set, for which u need to make it a
> dynamically
> > editable one.
> >
> > Another choice what i feel more easily done from Scratch is after user
> > selecting a product just have one more page where he can add the text
> then
> > give him an option to add that to a card.
> > I think this need a new entity with User information and Product and
> text of
> > his choice.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Phanindra.
> >
> > On 5/11/07, Jules-Henri Gavetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Thanks, but i want to do that by product and not by order.
> > > A Customer could customize two tee-shirt with two different word on it
> in
> > > the same order.
> > >
> > > Jules

Re: Customisation

Jules,

I never tried Anil's idea but it sounds good to me. This way you may
create really personnalised T shirts

This may inspire you http://tinyurl.com/2wudtz (same kind of question)

Jacques