DHL labels don't work in FOP generated PDFs

DHL labels don't work in FOP generated PDFs

John Martin
The company I'm integration ofBiz for needed to do a custom shipping
document with a peel-off shipping label.  So I went down the route of
using the FOP PDF integration.  This turned into a sort of nightmare
by the time I was done.

The problem was that the GIF/PNG returned by DHL has a
transparent background. The FOP generator doesn't support transparencies
(documented on their site).  So I ended up integrating a image library
that added a white background color.  At the same time I cropped the
label to remove the "cut or fold here" line since it wasn't necessary
on the custom peel-off.  I used a library found on sourcforge
(http://schmidt.devlib.org/jiu/index.html) but now thinking about
switching over to the Sun image libraries...

Looking for feedback before I submit to JIRA.

Regards,

John